Deflategate

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reports on sports talk 97.1 the ticket in detroit, is this has been going on for years by most teams, and is a non-issue to most fans.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reports on sports talk 97.1 the ticket in detroit, is this has been going on for years by most teams, and is a non-issue to most fans.
Deflating footballs below the requirement? I don't think so. Teams do get to 'work the footballs in' ( get the sheen off of them) prior to the game, but after the refs inspect them and weigh them, they can't be doctored. There was a poll today that over 50 % do think this is an issue. It's cheating. One team not playing by one of the rules.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Belicheats involved it's no suprise. I hope they throw the book at him. Kinda sad really he's one of the best coaches in football he doesn't have to do those things.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

The link with the ex ref you gave, he seems like he doesn't want to believe it could happen, but it did. Someone deflated the footballs. Indy's footballs were fine. I heard him talk earlier today. He basically said refs are too busy spotting the ball for play to be checking on the ball and squeezing it for pressure . It's not something they're concerned with. Probably because they don't expect someone to doctored them so close to game time . Somebody deflated those footballs. Brady is on record previously saying he likes the footballs deflated. Belichick has previously cheated so there is a history with him.
It is an issue.
Pereira on Deflategate: 'This is cheating' and NFL will deal with this harshly Related News

Last edited:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Honestly before yesterday, I never knew this system of "working" footballs to suite each quarterback existed. I don't get it! Each game should have new balls that both teams use.
Baseball games ... new baseballs. Basketball ... new basketballs. Why should football be any different?

Sent from my LG-P999 using EO Forums mobile app

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Honestly before yesterday, I never knew this system of "working" footballs to suite each quarterback existed. I don't get it! Each game should have new balls that both teams use.
Baseball games ... new baseballs. Basketball ... new basketballs. Why should football be any different?

Sent from my LG-P999 using EO Forums mobile app

I didn't know either. It's a QB's league I guess.Throwing a brand new ball is hard because it has a sheen on it . It shouldn't be a problem to let the teams practice with them during the week,(break them in) so long as they are inspected right before the game, and then secured by one independent person so no doctoring of the balls take place .

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One out of 12 underinflated isn't an issue. Eleven out of 12 underinflated is cheating. Simple solution. Seattle plays Indianapolis in the Super Bowl and New England gets instructions on proper operation of football inflating equipment.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a colts fan I think what deflated the balls was the colts ugly play.