Death of the 2 newspaper town

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I was growing up, every city had newspapers with opposing view points. Today most cities have only one.

It appears Detroit will lose one soon.

Crain's Detroit Business

Last edited:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Philadelphia has two papers, the Inquirer and the Daily News. One for the highbrow class, one for the laborers. Same owners, tho, so same liberal slant

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Technology is certainly a two edged sword. I do however enjoy multiple sources, avoiding "fake news" etc. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As long as the Free Press survives in some form I'll be happy. I would hate to see the paper my great great great (maybe another great, I lose track) Grandfather started come to a end :(

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As long as the Free Press survives in some form I'll be happy. I would hate to see the paper my great great great (maybe another great, I lose track) Grandfather started come to a end :(

Reading between the lines in the Cranes story, my guess they will ultimately kill The News.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reading between the lines in the Cranes story, my guess they will ultimately kill The News.

That was the feeling I was getting from other articles. Personally, I always liked The News better. Go figure