daylight savings time

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
According to my carrier....if you happen to be under load when daylight savings times takes affect you need to flag it at 2 am.

When you set your clocks back your allowed to drive 12 hours and be on duty 3 hours for a total 15 hours on duty, and when you need to set your clocks forward you'll lose an hour and will only have 10 hours drive time and 3 hours on duty not driving available.

That's my understanding....what's everyone's else's opinion?....want to make sure I get it right!

All the time I've been doing this gig this is the 1st time I'll be driving during the time change.

Thanks

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, 11 hours of driving is 11 hours of driving. You'd flag the 2AM on the logbook and note the difference, but the 11/14 wouldn't be affected. You're essentially driving on a stopwatch instead of an actual clock, anyway. So you'd drive 11 hours by the stopwatch, even though it would look like 10 by the clock.

It's like in the Spring when you lose an hour, you don't have to take an 11 hour break just because the time changed in the middle of it. You take 10, same as always, even though the logs will show you took 11. Just flag 2AM and note the difference.

People who punch a time clock have their time cards adjusted in the same way, to reflect actual hours worked, rather than what the time clock says.