DAT truckersedge question

Rawhead

Active Expediter
Just a quick question for you guys that may use that board I have not signed up for it yet. Is it worthwhile to use with a hot shot. Sometimes I get in a spot and have to wait around for a while the more options the better.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Let me start by saying I don't haul any hot shot freight and really don't know much of anything about it. I do work off loadboards though doing tractor trailer power only, dry van and reefer moves. DAT, specifically DAT Power, is my preferred tool.

Most of my buddies in the open deck and heavy haul sectors prefer ITS. They say it has better and more open deck options than DAT does. DAT is better for what I do. With hot shot, I'm guessing here, ITS Pro would probably be your best bet.

But you need to talk to some hot shotters and find out for sure their opinion on that. Is it worth it for hot shotters to look on load boards? Again, ask some guys hauling that freight. Are there any hot shotters here in EOL? I dunno never seen anyone commenting about it before. Truckers report has a forum for hot shotters but I don't think it is very active. (Hopefully commenting about other forums doesn't get me in trouble with the rules here - if so my apologies)

It's probably not a bad time to get into that segment I hear the oil field work is getting busier by the day. And that's a good thing for all of us in every trucking segment.

One small common sense tip I would give you as a hot shotter would be to also search for and post yourself available for tractor trailer "partial" flatbed loads. Don't just limit your load searches and parameters to "hotshot". You can and will be competing with the big trucks for a lot of those partials depending on the weight of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadTime