Dang gum scanners!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What a bunch of bull! For the 3rd time since we had to move from TripPak to the scanner, we are NOT getting a pay! :mad: That is 3 more times than before we were required to have the scanner. They had to "reboot" my Clink, AGAIN! This is just NOT acceptable! Get it right or get rid of it!

We are NOT out here for our health, we want paid ON time and RIGHT, each and every week! I wonder how it would be if we messed up our loads like that? :mad:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You know Layout in all of our time using the scanner we have not had any problems with getting paid on time with the correct amount.

We had one glitch when a scan sent to safety did not work like we thought it should and I found out I created the problem by not sending the paperwork in correctly.

The scanning to us works a lot better and faster then using TripPak and we both really like the ability to scan in inspections and all of our paperwork instead of us getting out our scanner and using up my internet time.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My scanner is 100%.
I didn't like the idea at first.
Now I love it .

I can't even remember my last payroll issue.

Maybe Joe would function better if they gave him a crank version. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My wife does all that stuff, want to rag on her? LOL! Don't go there!

It is CRAP!

I EXPECT to be paid, ON TIME! We deliver on time, or early, I expect no different. 3 times this has happened. They have NO idea why it has happened. The truck has been into the "clink shop" more than once, parts replaced, nothing changes.

It is getting VERY old!

Good thing we have a "reserve" fund or we would be in REAL trouble!

Hard to pay the bills when the pay does not show up! :mad::mad:

Worse than the govenment!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'm not going to mess with the Mrs.

Getting paid on time, and correctly, to me, is the sign of a good carrier.

I have about as much patience as you do for payroll problems.
I hope they get it resolved soon.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good idea! LOL!!

It is getting old. I can see one mistake in 8 years, even two. 3 in less than one year? No excuse.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I expect the following:

Reasonable pay for our efforts.

That reasonable pay should be correct and on time.

IN RETURN

Loads will be picked up on time to the best of our ability.

Loads will be delivered, on time, to the best of our ability.

Loads will be free of damage to the best of our ability.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The scanner I have not had a problem with as of yet. Only one person runs it me. If I have a problem with it Ill grab the Safety man and get a new one. I have no tolerance for junk equipment. I do got a problem with the clink Locking up and rebooting on its "OWN". On a Run or while trying to respond to a load offer. I investigated this with Qualcomm. When they Qualcomm does it. It's due to upgrades, but they send out a message notify the company and that gets sent out. Found out many things that would make your Fuzzy Head Explode. YEs the Whole unite has been Replaced 3 times on the Truck. It's nothing to do with the Unite or Wiring. Punching Buttons Else where is the problem. Nothing to do with the ECM either. Good Luck with the Scanner. One more note I have noticed when I send pw in I have to make sure that the scanner (Document type says Run Paperwork) is high lighted ok then click preview then click scan page when then view and approve do for each page then click finish and then go to the page and make sure driver Id is in place then put any information in the square box like the AWB ect. then next box type the correct run Number in then hit the send, after sending check your out box find the message u sent and tap it u should see a status sent and confirmed. If u got a question then call Tom in Clink and he will see if They got it. U many already know this and that's cool. If not well that's what I do. Also sometimes when we do other paper work Example WG or Haz or what not make sure the correct Document type is high lighted, IE Haz would be Hazmat paper work to go Hazmat Paper work Doc Type that would be for a departure same with other PW for Departures ect or to WG. Make sure u got the right one high Lighted. Tom was glad to step me through the first time I used the Thing. HE answered all my Questions and He is a real Professional, Like I said if I got a Question I call Tom in Clink and he lets me know. Hope this helps in some way and if not Find Terry and get a new Scanner. Santa Clara Ca. Hmm Cant find made in China no where on mine. So may be that's a good thing. Now was that good sure it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup just sitting here and scanned my last page and the thing just blew up. Yup........ HG

Attachments

• hDF3FBC6ECCC.jpg
    hDF3FBC6ECCC.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 100
  • jumpyXSS.jpg
    jumpyXSS.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Jumpy.jpg
    Jumpy.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 99
  • 988307_10151844948053673_220910250_n.jpg
    988307_10151844948053673_220910250_n.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I have not yet bought a scanner. I stop at a T/A or Petro and scan my paperwork. If no truck stop scanners are available I use the app on my phone. I have had no problems as of this time.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOS, did this occur AFTER the scanned paperwork confirmation message?

Deville

Not a Member
I use the phone app. It works ok. It can be very time consuming if the run has a ton of paperwork. I don't miss having to look for a trippak or make special trips to a trippak to get my paper work in on time.

I would really like too see the day when we get away from paper and pen BOL's.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I use the phone app. It works ok. It can be very time consuming if the run has a ton of paperwork. I don't miss having to look for a trippak or make special trips to a trippak to get my paper work in on time.

I would really like too see the day when we get away from paper and pen BOL's.

I have problems with the idea of no paper BOL's. A paper trail is a VERY good thing to have. We have had to use "paper" to solve issues in the past. The tech world is also not very reliable. The more complicated the system, the less reliable it becomes and the more prone it is to failure.

CCDriver

Active Expediter
Havn't had a problem using the truck scanner as of yet. Though I don't like the way it takes so long to get a conformation back.
The way I used to do my paperwork was I had a scanner /printer hooked to my laptop. I would scan my paperwork right into Trippak get a confirmation number right then never a problem.
My owners loved this, was a bit more time consuming then using the clink. I do like the c link for its speed I often send it in before leaving the delivery point.

Yes the drawback is using the Qualcomm for the money they are being paid for their service I think they could and should do a much better job.