D unit Single...Fed Ex, Panther II, LEA, CTX?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-00 AT 02:43PM (EDT)[/font][p]Looks like I will not be driving my van anymore as Owner has decided to sell. Have an opportunity to drive for fleet owner with trucks on with different companies. Opinions on all as single D unit Driver please.

Thanks

Dreamer

G

FedEx and Panther are about the same as far as keeping busy. LEA would be a very big mistake, given their blatent lack of respect and low freight. As far as CTX, I don't know how their straight trucks are doing. I'm hearing their cargo vans are very busy and T/T's are sitting.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well, decided to stay with FedEx so at least I wont have to get used to a new company while getting used to a new truck. Will keep ya updated (I know you're all holding your breath.....LOL)

Thanks for all the emails.

Dreamer

ROADWARRIOR

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
DOES [ LEA] STAND FOR LANDSTAR EXPRESS AMER. OUT OF ROCKFORD,IL
I AM TO SIGN ON WITH THEM I HAVE GOTTEN APPL. JUST TODAY

PLZS HELP ABOUT LANDSTAR

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yes, RoadWarrior, LEA stands for Landstar Express America. You can do a search for "LEA" and "Landstar" to see what's happening with them. Best of luck to you!

Godspeed to all of you out there on the highways and byways!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
RE: D unit Single...Fed Ex

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-00 AT 01:55PM (EDT)[/font][p]I promised to keep you all updated.....knew you couldn't wait...LOL.

Well, I'm back...finally...who knew could be so much hassle just to switch fleets and unit size.....Picked up my truck last week..went in service today...still with FedEx...just D unit instead of B unit. I think I will miss the convenience of the van, parking, drive thru's...etc, but let me tell you, at 6 foot 4, it's nice to be able to stand up to put my pants on, and stretch out on the bed without opening the side door....LOL. Little things make a big difference I guess, but it's good to be back to work.......

See ya on the road......somewhere......

Dreamer

p.s. Ya can't miss me....I'll be in the white Freightliner....:)