D.O.T. radar of highways of traveling conditions

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Those big gates they have out west to close the roads, and those "chain up area ahead" signs, my butt tightens up a bit whenever I see them, even in the summer.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
That's some serious Interstate road closure! I'm from up in that area and I hate feeling of being trapped. Be safe.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ya hey, I delivered up dare to Faargo Saturday morning. I got an offer for a load picking up this morning in Harvey, ND going to Chicago. It was 200 miles deadhead to Harvey and 225 miles to my house. I'm at home. I tracked the load and as of 2 hours ago the driver was in Fargo. I doubt he/she will make the 09:00 pick up time. Even if they made it, the place is probably closed.

If Spring ever comes to this part of the country, expect more road closures due to flooding. If you get a load that routes I-94 through the Margo/Foorehead area or I-29 between Wahpeton and Grand Forks, check ahead for road closures using the link Morningstar provided.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No flooding this week Moot....
That's why I said "If Spring ever comes..." :) The Red River is part of the Hudson Bay Drainage so it flows north, which is why it is so prone to Spring flooding. Up stream (south) usually sees warmer temperatures and melting first, sending water rushing north to where the river is still frozen.

....and YET another storm coming for Wednesday/Thurs or Fri. for you....
Not for me. I hope to be out of here and rolling south or east by this afternoon. Are you in Sinclair Lewis' old neighborhood?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's why I said "If Spring ever comes..." :) The Red River is part of the Hudson Bay Drainage so it flows north, which is why it is so prone to Spring flooding. Up stream (south) usually sees warmer temperatures and melting first, sending water rushing north to where the river is still frozen.

Not for me. I hope to be out of here and rolling south or east by this afternoon. Are you in Sinclair Lewis' old neighborhood?

This delayed spring could be a good thing.....The Missouri river basin sure needs the water tho....the Oaha Reserve is waaay down....it could handle a lot of run off right now....

That is where I be for now....wish we did R&R loads...right here at a main repair/storage shed!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's why I said "If Spring ever comes..." :)
I don't think they have Spring up there. It's just 9 months of Winter, and 3 months of Road Construction. Nothing in between.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Yep, winter and the 4th of July...that's about all they get.

That's a cool link, though, with links to DOT or traffic/closures maps for several other states via the "i" icons. More if you zoom out. That's something a lot of other states' maps do not do.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yep, winter and the 4th of July...that's about all they get.

That's a cool link, though, with links to DOT or traffic/closures maps for several other states via the "i" icons. More if you zoom out. That's something a lot of other states' maps do not do.

yep... i downloaded the app for this on my phone.. its great, can use it for any state and get info on all types of road problems , and is updated constantly ...
i mean i was sitting here and watching the color codes on the roads change several times in like 30 min. lol