"D" Lock

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Anyone get one of those "D" Locks yet? Just curious about whether they are just locking the reefers or if others are getting locked also. We are on a load so we aren't locked yet but we are not in a reefer unit.

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, got our last night, 13:54 EDT.
Sitting in Louisville.
No offers till just a bit ago 11:20 EDT, offer from here to Pittsburgh.
Didn't make $en$e.
What are they types of locks? Our status shows as a WG lock. Is a D lock for the CDC? What others are there?
Thanks,

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I got D hall in high school once. :rolleyes: Not familiar with D lock but don't have reefer either.

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
I have 2 of my trucks (non-refer) that were under D Lock, and both are under good loads now for XXX. there are several types of locks and they simply mean there is a load (or loads) coming up and your truck is being considered. while under a lock if another load comes up the dispatcher handling this new load needs to get permission to remove the lock before they can offer you the new load. there are good and unliked reasons for locks - the important thing is to know you can call in and have a lock removed. Some locks are:White glove/CDC/TVAL/State Farm and just Lock.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
A dispatcher can call a lock anything she/he wants to call it. A lock is put on in an anticipated need.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, got our last night, 13:54 EDT.
Sitting in Louisville.
No offers till just a bit ago 11:20 EDT, offer from here to Pittsburgh.
Didn't make $en$e.
What are they types of locks? Our status shows as a WG lock. Is a D lock for the CDC? What others are there?
Thanks,

If you had any experience with FECC before you went into WG you would know what the locks are. That being said, as you liked to say in another post, call fedex and ask them.

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
If you had any experience with FECC before you went into WG you would know what the locks are. That being said, as you liked to say in another post, call fedex and ask them.

Dear Mr. Tater Head...
THAT was NOT covered in oreintation, nor is it in the binder. Perhaps you should lead the orientaion classes as you are SO FULL OF knowledge. I sit in awe of your linitless knowledge and how you share it with us underserving newbies. I await your next missive!

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
Dear Mr. Tater Head...
THAT was NOT covered in oreintation, nor is it in the binder. Perhaps you should lead the orientaion classes as you are SO FULL OF knowledge. I sit in awe of your linitless knowledge and how you share it with us underserving newbies. I await your next missive!

My screen name is not Mr. Tater Head. I didn't bash you or your name, please don't do it to me.

As for the locks not being covered in orientation or in the binder, you are right. IT IS SOMETHING YOU LEARN WITH EXPERIENCE, at FECC which you don't have.

I believe you just made the whole case about inexperienced drivers/O/O's jumping ahead of the people with experience waiting on the list to get into WG.

Furthemore your bashing of my screen name speaks of the low quality of the people they are now letting into WG, and FECC in general.

We on the forums here on EO have respect for each other and our screen names. By attacking my screen name you show your ignorance and lack of respect, which shows just how inept at dealing with people who disagree with you you are.

aileron

Expert Expediter
No offense spud, but you had that coming. You can always ignore a question if you don't like it, instead of making smart comments.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
No offense spud, but you had that coming. You can always ignore a question if you don't like it, instead of making smart comments.

Your right about ignoring the question, but I couldn't resist making the comments. We all have weak moments... I have quite a few.

Last edited:

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Rah Rah zis boom bah...........

Anyway, had a "Tractor" lock on my DR unit a couple of weeks ago.
Still dont know what that was about.