Customer LOCK

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
What are your thoughts on "Customer Lock"

I took a load of 45 miles mainly to take advantage of the "Less than 75" advantage. when I checked into HOU, I find I`m on "LOCK". I`m #1 Then I watch 3 trucks go around me because of the lock. CHEEZE!!!!

Seems like this treatment was overlooked in my lease agreement.

Last edited:

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Call dispatch and ask what the lock is for. There are several things it could be and you need to know for sure. We have had a lock placed on our truck for an emergency they thought might take place and our truck qualified for helping out. Then they forgot about the lock and left us locked for a night and a day. It is always a good idea to ask if you see a lock placed on your truck and you don't know why. Don't let it go too long, they tend to forget.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There seems to be some confusion about locks right now as I believe we are seeing some new ones. When a load comes available and you are qualified to take the load the dispatcher dispatching the load has to make a quick call to who has you locked and ask for you to be released so they can send you a load offer.

With how the new load opportunities are working a dispatcher will not even see the load at times until after it has been sent out. This looks as if it could cause some really interesting problems in the future.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We call as soon as we see we are on a lock, got passed over a few times and learned to check. I can see the problems the Caffee's are speaking of. It will be interesting to see how that works out. The best lock we ever had was a customer "intimacy" lock. We were REALLY looking forward to that load, but alas, we got a different one. LOL. Layoutshooter

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
1st thing to do when hitting your #9 check and see if locked,then if you want,get it removed.there are many reasons for the lock,most wont make you happy