Curious about diesel emissions, DEF, etc.?

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Pretty steep for the Average Joe but I wonder how VW feels about this now, since theyve been caught redhanded lying about it. A freind has a Diesel Jetta that car gets 52 MPG, Now cheating or not thats incredible mileage, he does a driving vacation every year out west and buys like three tanks of fuel the entire two weeks.....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, I was considering one but got a Prius instead. It does that well or better on regular so even less fuel cost.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I looked at a Prius, but 2 things made me buy a Jetta instead. We need room to haul 2 kiddos around with all the 'accessories' they require, and secondly, we don't trade cars in. We drive the wheels off them before we replace them. This means about 15 years. I am not ready to spend 7-10k to replace the batteries when they don't hold a charge any more.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Batteries are lasting a decade or longer and replacement is around $2.5-3k. Jettas have a couple inches more rear leg room but otherwise only equal and in some cases less room than a Prius.

Last edited:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
You can also mod the injection on a jetta
To get even better fuel mileage....there was reportedly a jetta getting 1200 miles on a tank of fuel.