CREDDENTIALS

jojosilver

Rookie Expediter
It seems the more you have under your belt the more loads you can be placed in line for. Like I have a TSA, A TWIC card, a passport, a CDL with Hazmat. I have considered going for a FAST card but do not know if it worth it or not. Many are trying to get me to go for my own authority and I do not know. Anyone have any ideas?

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
It seems the more you have under your belt the more loads you can be placed in line for. Like I have a TSA, A TWIC card, a passport, a CDL with Hazmat. I have considered going for a FAST card but do not know if it worth it or not. Many are trying to get me to go for my own authority and I do not know. Anyone have any ideas?

getting your own authority would probably not be worth it unless you have your own customers already setup and in place giving you loads. Also, all the big expedite companies want drivers with credentials like yours.
The small to medium size don't require any of those unless you need the CDL for a straight truck or TT, for smaller cargo vans and sprinters, a lot of those do not require any CDL.
If you drive a smaller vehicle like these, then you most likely do not need your own MC number, and if drive any thing bigger, you can still do just as well if not better, working with one of the big expedite companies that go google eyes over credentials.
good luck.