Cost for us to Become Team Drivers of an Expedited Straight Truck

sanbomi1

Expert Expediter
Researching
US Army
Thought I'd share this with everyone. I know that everyone's costs will be different but I have had a few questions asking how much we have spent on preparing for our new careers. This is a lot of money to us but it is an investment into our future. We truly believe that the return on our investment will be many times over what we have spent. The more prepared we are, the better chance we will have at being successful. That is how we are planning, that is what we believe. Enjoy.

Best regards,

Mike and Carrie

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
Carrie & Mike - Good on you for your decision to make such a huge life-style change. Like you, my wife and I have been researching the industry; more heavily after the 2016 Expo, not so much here of late... but after receiving our recent copy of Expedite Now magazine, we both decided it is time to figure it out once and for all.

As for costs; my wife put herself through CDL school at a local community college; I believe it was $1200 for 2-weeks. Albeit not 1-on1 training, she did come away with her Class A. We just received our passports last month at a cost of $385 (both). We are looking at the costs of hazmat and twic, but will have to set dates after the Expo.

We subscribed to your youtube channel (doing our part to help you grow it), and look forward to further adventures in Expediting. Maybe we will see you at the Expo!

Take care,
Beth & Johnnie

sanbomi1

Expert Expediter
Researching
US Army
Carrie & Mike - Good on you for your decision to make such a huge life-style change. Like you, my wife and I have been researching the industry; more heavily after the 2016 Expo, not so much here of late... but after receiving our recent copy of Expedite Now magazine, we both decided it is time to figure it out once and for all.

As for costs; my wife put herself through CDL school at a local community college; I believe it was $1200 for 2-weeks. Albeit not 1-on1 training, she did come away with her Class A. We just received our passports last month at a cost of $385 (both). We are looking at the costs of hazmat and twic, but will have to set dates after the Expo.

We subscribed to your youtube channel (doing our part to help you grow it), and look forward to further adventures in Expediting. Maybe we will see you at the Expo!

Take care,
Beth & Johnnie
HI Beth and Johnnie,

Thank you for your response and thank you for subscribing to our channel, we are grateful for you doing so. Congratulations to Beth on her Class A. Passports are not cheap but at least they are good for 10 years! Hoping to meet up with you at the Expo.

Best regards,

Mike

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
A 2-hour wait for a $60 physical (*ugh!*), but I am now self nominated again, and good for another 12-months. Beth and I are now looking at setting an appointment for the Alabama Star ID driver license; +endorsements: Hazmat (for me) and Tanker & Hazmat (for my Beth). Eventually we will set an appointment for Twic cards. Right now we are going to help each other study for the endorsement exams.

sanbomi1

Expert Expediter
Researching
US Army
A 2-hour wait for a $60 physical (*ugh!*), but I am now self nominated again, and good for another 12-months. Beth and I are now looking at setting an appointment for the Alabama Star ID driver license; +endorsements: Hazmat (for me) and Tanker & Hazmat (for my Beth). Eventually we will set an appointment for Twic cards. Right now we are going to help each other study for the endorsement exams.

Hi Johnnie,

Great to hear that you and Beth are getting everything taken care of. There sure is a lot of stuff to take care of, but, the more we are prepared, the better we set ourselves up to be successful in this business. Keep up the great work!! We are all getting closer to our expediting careers as each day passes.

Best regards,

Mike