Coping?

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Express-1 Live, we need access to Express-1 Live........city by city no limits......E-1 Live!

If we have to settle I guess it'll do.....better, a lot better than what we had.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Much better, but still not perfect. With the increase in search area it is hard tell directions. Had another driver yesterday tell me that he was 4th out in buchanan so he did a search for Grand Rapids and he would have been second out.

He "assumed" some of the ones he was now picking up were in Gary. He sent in a message on QC that he was relocating to GR and got to JD's when they called and sent him into Chicago to get a run. Come to find out all the ones he was picking up were in the Battle Creek and Marshall area. Not a sole in Chicago. Was good timing on the call but if he would have made it up to GR he would have been too far away and that load prolly would have had to been sold. As it was his DH was like 110 miles.

So to make a long story short, because unable to pin point others it almost cost the company a 600+ mile load.

Eddy is right. Express-1 live would be a GREAT addition to our arsonal.

But to answer your question, yes it is an improvement.

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't let the 75 mile range screw with your heads. We need to learn, to our advantage, how to use it. Use it smartly, if you don't, you will be chasing load opps, (and your tail.lol), dead heading to increase your position could hurt you in the long run.

I had a nice run, after dropping I did a 19...wow 5th out, went 125 miles out did that 19, 3rd out. Didn't use my 3rd one. After sleep, I moved to a truck stop, did 19, now 6th out, in the 125 mile one I did earlier I was #2....I stayed, until I was #1 in the 125 mile one. Moved there and got another nice run. Even moving within range of my #1 site, I was still in range of the southern end of the one at 6th out. By moving I put myself in range of the run I was offered, but not completly out of range of being 6th out.....see- don't let it screw with your head.....mine hurts....lol

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Don't let the 75 mile range screw with your heads. We need to learn, to our advantage, how to use it. Use it smartly, if you don't, you will be chasing load opps, (and your tail.lol), dead heading to increase your position could hurt you in the long run.

I had a nice run, after dropping I did a 19...wow 5th out, went 125 miles out did that 19, 3rd out. Didn't use my 3rd one. After sleep, I moved to a truck stop, did 19, now 6th out, in the 125 mile one I did earlier I was #2....I stayed, until I was #1 in the 125 mile one. Moved there and got another nice run. Even moving within range of my #1 site, I was still in range of the southern end of the one at 6th out. By moving I put myself in range of the run I was offered, but not completly out of range of being 6th out.....see- don't let it screw with your head.....mine hurts....lol

Great advice Eddie, I had also started to impliment something along the same lines.

PROCUT736

Seasoned Expediter
It is better than than what we had before but it would be nice to know the differnce in the staight trucks. Example...... there are 14 ST in Detroit, I am #9 out, but what number of the truck are team units and solo units. Maybe we are asking for to much.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know how they are handling the ST's for team runs..but back in the fall in vans they started offer ALL runs to teams rather then skip over them for the short ones....so basically, you are what you are by order....just one line-up...