CoPilot Truck Laptop 9

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
For those who already have CoPilot Laptop 4 I received this update notice.

Dear Valued CoPilot Customer,

The much anticipated CoPilot Truck | Laptop 9 is coming soon! As the first navigation system specifically designed for company drivers, owner operators, and leased operators. CoPilot Truck is the only way to get spoken, truck-specific dock-to-dock directions in your cab.

We are also pleased to offer CoPilot Truck | Pocket PC 6 for your Pocket PC or Pocket PC Phone device. With our Plug-and-Drive solution, it's easy to install and helps free up space in your already crowded cab. Plus, it fits in your pocket or bag for improved portability.

Yes, I want Version 9 for $99!
BUY NOW
Version 9 Available to ship 7/27/06

Version 9 includes:

PC*MILER 20 Map data through March
of 2006
Exportable State Mileage Reports makes fuel tax reporting and accounting easier to manage
Expanded HazMat routing options for General, Explosives, Inhalants and Radioactives
USB and Bluetooth GPS receivers now available with the SiRFstarIII chipset
And more...

Find, Drive, Arrive.
Version 9 includes all of these NEW and IMPROVED features:

NEW! Map Data with PC*MILER 20 through March 2006

NEW! Expanded HazMat routing options including General, Explosives, Inhalants and Radioactives.

IMPROVED! Our USB and Bluetooth GPS receiver now uses a SiRFstarIII chipset for the fastest time-to-first-fix

NEW! Easier Points of Interest Importing and support for widely available 3rd party OV2 formats

NEW! Enhanced 3D map display with Mileage Markers, Moving Maps, and Turn Arrows that highlight the way ahead.

NEW! Change Voices on the fly between the included male and female or select from any additional voice sets you have created/downloaded.

IMPROVED! Speed Alerts give visual
and/or audio warnings when you exceed
pre-set speeds

As a valued CoPilot customer you can also take advantage of our Special Prices on all of our solutions. Upgrade your GPS receiver or switch to CoPilot Truck | Pocket PC 6 for your Pocket PC or Pocket PC Phone device.

Yes, I want Version 9!
Available to ship 7/27/06

Special Price:

$99
BUY NOW
CoPilot Truck | Laptop 9 with USB
Including the SiRFstarIII chipset

List Price: $399

Special Price:

$199
BUY NOW
CoPilot Truck | Laptop 9 with Bluetooth
Including the new SiRFstarIII chipset

Special Price:

$199
BUY NOW
CoPilot Truck | Pocket PC 6 Software Only
Advanced GPS navigation software for professional drivers who already have a GPS receiver

Now Available
List Price: $299
*Device not included

Special Price:

$199
BUY NOW
CoPiot Truck | Pocket PC 6 Bluetooth
Includes complete street level maps for the U.S. and CoPilot Bluetooth GPS receiver now with a SiRFstarIII chipset

Now Available
*Device not included

Special Price:

$299
BUY NOW
CoPilot Truck | Pocket PC 6 Software
+ 1GB SD
Software and Street-level map data for the U.S. and Canada pre-loaded on a 1 GB SD card for professional drivers who already have a GPS receiver

Now Available
*Device not included

Special Price:

$299
BUY NOW
CoPilot Truck | Pocket PC 6 Bluetooth
+ 1GB SD
Software and Street-level map data for the U.S. and Canada pre-loaded on a 1 GB SD and Bluetooth GPS receiver now with a SiRFstarIII chipset

Now Available
List Price: $499
*Device not included

Special Price:

$399
BUY NOW

If you have any questions, please send us an email at [email protected]
or call our Sales Team at 1-888-872-8768 x1.

Happy Road Trips,
CoPilot Solutions
ALK Technologies, Inc.
www.CoPilotGPS.com

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I got my email on that too. It doesn't ship for a little over a month but they are ready to take orders now. I don't know if they are charging for it now or when shipped. I guess I'll get the upgrade and hope it significantly improves from the current version.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We use both CoPilot Truck and Delorme Streets and Trips. CoPilot performs as advertised and is especially helpful in providing truck route info (won't route you under a low bridge or on a truck-prohibited route). But we find Delorme to be more user friendly and end up using it most of the time. If CoPilot could make it as quick and easy to plot a new route as Delorme does, we'd likely abandon Delorme for CoPilot.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>CoPilot performs as advertised and is especially helpful in
>providing truck route info (won't route you under a low
>bridge or on a truck-prohibited route).

Oh, if it were only so, but when I was looking at the 11'6" clearance bridge I'm afraid it failed. It also failed when it took me through a residential neighborhood and when it took me to a road marked no trucks. It's not too often it fails on height or road restrictions but it does fail.

It also fails about 1 out of 5 times to recognize the specific address entered. Most of the time I look up the address in Streets and Trips. I can then work my way down the street or click and get an address on a cross street until I get one Copilot can find. Then I have it navigate me there and finish based on what I found in S/T.

The current version, CoPilot Laptop 4 is pretty accurately named because with the flaws it earns about a 4 on a 10 scale. I hope Laptop 9 jumps up to a 9 on the scale but I doubt it. Hopefully it will improve at least 50% and earn a 6 minimum.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
Phil,
Several system are listed on link below which have you found useful?

<https://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10046&minisite=10020>

Thanks

OTRSNIPER

Seasoned Expediter
I was wondering the same ? I have Delm can i use it with S & T?

I also had all the same problems with the copilot as LDB, I sent
it back for a refund!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some of the GPS pucks can be used with other products and some can't. The Copilot puck wouldn't work for me with S/T. The problem you have with Delorme, S/T etc. is they aren't set up for trucks at all. Where Copilot will keep you off height/weight restricted routes about 98% of the time these others designed for cars just take the best route regardless. For all it's many flaws, and it probably should be stated MANY flaws, Copilot is pretty much the only game in town as they say. Hopefully they are working very seriously to improve it so that instead of negative opinions, cautionary referrals and forced usage due to no choices it will earn positive opinions and referrals.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Oops! Sorry, John. I misspoke (typed). It's not Delorme Streets and Trips (That's Microsoft Streets and Trips). I meant to say Delorme Street Atlas USA. If you don't have a GPS receiver, the Earthmate product should be purchased too.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
Leo,
I ordered update last night and recieved this message about payment.

"Thank you for shopping at ALK.com!
Your credit card will be charged once your package ships from
our warehouse. We will then send you a separate shipping
confirmation email including your tracking number."

I also spoke with DieselBoss yesterday and he expects his update delievered this week.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>Some of the GPS pucks can be used with other products and
>some can't. The Copilot puck wouldn't work for me with S/T.

Leo, I am wondering about this. maybe copilot is running in the back ground and captured the port the GPS unit is on?

I just went through the looking for USB GPS unit to sell thing and I have yet seen a unit that is different when it comes to communicating to the computer. I know that windows XP has a thing about com port sharing with mutiple applications. For example I could not get Visual GPS and Visual GPSXP to work at the same time reguardless what I do. using a multiport software solution did not work out at all and crashed the machine.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now that I think about it some more I think maybe I tried using the Copilot puck with S/T just to not have 2 on the dash and it didn't work. It's been long enough I don't remember. All I know for sure is one of them didn't work using the other one's puck.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
My CoPilot Truck LT4 antenna works with MS S/T, but it's an older S/T version.

I have never tried to run both programs at the same time, though.

I have CoPilot Truck LT9 ordered.

Rex

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
I just bought Copilot truck with gps last week and now im not to happy to find out its outdated and they have a new one coming out...But my gps does work with microsoft streets and trips 2006 with out a problem.You cant run both programs at once make sure one of the programs are closed out not minimized.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
If you bought CoPilot Truck Laptop 4 within 30 days ALK will send you update free just call 888-872-8768.

Received e-mail today my copy of laptop 9 was shipped.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Today I had a job and the shipper address wasn't in Cp4. I needed 4414 Hollister and it offered 11719 Hollister as it's available alternative. I went to S/T and found an address on a cross street about a block away. It headed me there and I was going to navigate the last block on my own. Luckily I knew where I was going because rather than telling me to turn on a street it said proceed ahead as name changes to xxx. There was no mention of turning and also because it wasn't a turn the voice didn't say anything to guide me.

I turned on the correct street and it told me to proceed ahead to the final address. This time it failed to even say proceed ahead as name changes to xxx. If I hadn't known where I was going I might have kept driving for hundreds of miles without ever turning to get to the shipper. I turned on the street that Cp4 failed to even mention and then got to the shipper.

The consignee was a number on FM493, can't remember what, and big surprise it isn't in Cp4 either. Back to S/T again and I find what I'm looking for. This time there isn't a cross street to navigate to. All I can do is navigate to the center of town. Since I know where I'm going from reviewing S/T that is adequate. I've also called the consignee and gotten directions. Without those two things I'd have been in trouble.

Failure to properly identify turns as turns, failure to announce turns and failure to recognize specific street numbers as well as road names is a regular occurrence in Cp4. I'm still going to order the upgrade because they are the only game in town for truck clearance issues. It gets that right about 99% of the time thankfully.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
Leo
I made it a point to e-mail ALK when ever laptop 4 made an error and always received an acknowlgement advising they would make correction.
When driving family car I switch unit to non-truck mode, once I neglected to switch back to truck mode and it directed me onto the Garden State Parkway in Passaic, NJ. A lesson was learned to double check what mode system is in before asking for directions.