Big Truck Coolant/Antifreeze question

Steven Li

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have Freightliner M2 with Cummin. Today the temperature light came on. I noticed the antifreeze and coolant is below the low line. It’s orange color. It’s probably leaking somewhere. I’m thinking about buying couple gallon until I get back to send it in for a check up. What type of coolant should I buy? Is it diffeeent from cars coolant? Thanks

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
4f7f5e6dd3ad25e57964bef654487ee6.jpg

They usually sell it in every parts store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Li

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
[QUOTE="ajakapari, post: 828476, member: 18919"

They usually sell it in every parts store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Is it the orange color? Just want to make sure it's the same as what I have in the truck currently, don't want to mess the engine up. Thanks

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
It’s pink . It’s the same as the orange one it’s heavy duty coolant for trucks..
I topped off my m2”s with this coolant many times u won’t have trouble .

Steven Li

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
It’s pink . It’s the same as the orange one it’s heavy duty coolant for trucks..

Thank you so much! Will pick up couple bottle tomorrow.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Thank you so much! Will pick up couple bottle tomorrow.
I would send greasytshirt or hino123 a pm and ask them since they are our resident truck mechanics before adding any other color fluid. JMHO.

Reactions: ucfd608

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mixing coolant colors........bad....unless you are 100% sure of the compatibility.

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
It is compatible .
That one is not pre -mixed when u mixed it with water it turns orange ... I’ve used it many times. With no problems over the years it’s for heavy duty trucks....

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I would not mix an SCA-precharged coolant with an extended life coolant. Your truck probably came with an extended life coolant, and the one in the pic is an SCA-precharged coolant.

I don't know what you have in there. The color means nothing.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're right....coolant color doesn't matter....if you know what you are doing. If you don't....it's an indicator that you may need to ask somone who does.