contractor getaway

harleynana9302

Seasoned Expediter
Hello There........I am currently an o/o contractor with FDCC and also a travel agent (part-time), I am writing this to see if there would be interest in the possibility of anyone that would be interested in getting together next winter for a couple days of "FUN IN THE SUN" aboard a cruise ship....I am able to do group cruises with Carnival Cruise Lines and I am trying to see if there would be any interest or ideas for a great way of some fellowshiping with eachother......you can also check out my site: Welcome to YTB

if any one needs more info, you can send me an email from there or do a post on here

thanks.....
"THE DREAM TEAM"
FDCC CONTRACTORS

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Nana: As an expediter, you'd know the entertainment budgets of your fellow expediters are pretty slim. We could be interested in showing some interest in participating in an event if we knew what event you had in mind. We could also get some friends together and buy some travel tickets from any of hundreds of travel agents or travel sites. So, my question is, what have you got to bring to the table that would pique the interests of EO forum members on tight budgets.

I suggest you develop a package that shows all the all inclusive prices with trip details and come back with a presentation. You should know the most appropriate slow freight dates, best ports at which to safely park a truck, best port of departure, destination, and group rate price ranges for a particular cruise ship. Make us an offer that we can't get anywhere else!

harleynana9302

Seasoned Expediter
I am well aware of all the situations right now...I am working with Carnival Cruise Lines on putting together a getaway...I am sure that everyone is ready to getaway from the COLD<ICE>SNOW and enjoy the SUN......we have 3 and 4 night days cruises that are competitively priced with Orbitz, Expedia,etc.....check out the site and I am sure that you will agree..

harleynana9302

Seasoned Expediter
I posted the original subject to get a few ideas from everyone to see where they would like to go for a little "FUN IN THE SUN" .. I am aware of the slow periods for freight, and would not even consider going when the freight is running good, as this would take me out of service as well .. I was posting to see if there was any interest in getting together for some fellowship .. There are several options for places to take a cruise for 3-4 days and was just looking to see where the majority of the interests are... Then I would know which cruises to look at ,, thanks

"THE DREAM TEAM"

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Nana: I've been using travel agents' services for business and personal travel since the early 70's. My latest use was last month on a trip to Germany when the agent's package saved me no money over prices I could have gotten on my own. The value I have received was 'service' and 'advice', and 'problem resolution' which was available 24/7. One service available is planning advice from an agent that knows the work/vacation schedules and preferences of it's clients.

I stand by my comments in my second paragraph above. I suggest you pick the best of the "several options for places to take a cruise for 3-4 days" and present that option for a determination of Forum member interest. I would emphasize that any price presented should be all inclusive. By that I mean inclusive of fuel surcharges, port fees, baggage handling surcharges, airfare surcharges and taxes.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
There are contractors out there now that arrange their own time together on cruise ships. So says a contractor we once met on the road. He told us about a group of four teams, including him and his wife, that did so. While the participants vary, it is an annual event.

Already blessed with a full measure of contractor fellowship, our idea of a getaway cruise is to paddle a canoe deeper into the woods than cell phone signals reach and camp there for a week.