Contest for Purple Heart Veterans

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
If you received a Purple Heart for wounds sustained in Iraq or Afghanistan, you could be one of eight veterans to win the Veterans of Foreign War's (VFW's) trip to the Daytona International Speedway Pepsi 400 on July 5, 2008. Airfare, luxurious hotel accommodations and a ticket to the race for each winner are included. Only one completed entry per veteran will be accepted, and must be received prior to the drawing on April 15, 2008. Winners will be notified by mail or e-mail in April, 2008. For more information, including an entry form, visit the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States website.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
The entry form doesn't appear to require membership, because there is an optional box to check if you are not a VFW member. What have you got to lose? Send it in.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I thought about joining the VFW but I can never make the meetings. I would also like to join the DAV but have a hard time getting to meetings. I mean what is my wife going to do the while I'm in a meeting. Pine Bluff,AR isn't the safest place for a woman to be alone on Friday night.