Conference call

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Just a reminder about the conference call tomorrow 3/14/09 at 10:00. Will be interesting if they talk about the "relocation project" and other things.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was cool...Learn anything?

Tough times call for tough decisions. As bad as I hated to hear that Jenny is no longer with us. She was/is imho, one of the best we had. I can’t understand why they kept some of the ones they did and let the top performer go…However, management has to decide what is best for the survival of the company, and us, as part of the company. So you folks keep turning down those low bid loads…I’ll take’em. I will not be able to stimulate the economy but I’ll pay some bills…lol

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I totally understand streamling and doing what we can but ****. That is the worst aspect of this company. Like posted on here before we are going to have to be our own macro 19

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Tough times call for tough decisions. As bad as I hated to hear that Jenny is no longer with us. She was/is imho, one of the best we had. I can’t understand why they kept some of the ones they did and let the top performer go…However, management has to decide what is best for the survival of the company, and us, as part of the company. So you folks keep turning down those low bid loads…I’ll take’em. I will not be able to stimulate the economy but I’ll pay some bills…lol

You never know what might have went down. They may have went to her asked her to go to 4 days which would then make her part time and then lose any benifits that she may have had and so she said no. Who knows, there are a ton of different ways it could have went down.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I would be interested in maybe setting up a contact list if anyone is interested. If we get enough interest I could on my streets and trips daily set up location map. Don't really know guess I am grasping at straws right now. Well guess I will hit the road and continue to Blacksburg VA for monday morning drop off.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think 32 hour work week is part time. Most are 20 hour week. But, you're correct, we don't know the rest of the story........long pause............good day ( in my best Paul Harvey voice)

Last edited:

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I'm sorry to hear that Jenny is gone too. Personally I think they should have let Liz go. She is one of the most unhelpful load planners that they have IMO. :(

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm sorry to hear that Jenny is gone too. Personally I think they should have let Liz go. She is one of the most unhelpful load planners that they have IMO. :(

I think her problem is, she really doesn't understand how we, VP's, operate. I have many $$$$$ invested here. What is her investment? A 192 dollar run may sound good to her, but when you've been sitting for 4 days and this gets offered it's tough. Or hand unloading a load @ our rate is more than she makes in an hour, and can't understand why we do not want to do it @ that rate...(sometimes). "I wish I got that much an hour..." well heck, me too!!!

I think she knows she has been a pain in the past, and is working to correct this. (I hope)

Yes inkasnana, that floored me too!

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
I think Liz maybe related to someone in the higher ranks in Express-1. Don't know who and if it is true, but that is the word floating around from other drivers.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know why its called a conference call...its like they speak we listen...might as well be a radio broadcast...
They used the qc for us to send in questions, but again they only answer the ones they want too.
The opening lines were about them trying to be transparent about openess...Why not answer open questions...better yet...let us see what the customer sees...in regard to Mac 19

I am sorry..I know E-1 reads this..but it just seems so one sided and there is the conspiracy or paranoa factor.

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know why its called a conference call...its like they speak we listen...might as well be a radio broadcast...
They used the qc for us to send in questions, but again they only answer the ones they want too.
The opening lines were about them trying to be transparent about openess...Why not answer open questions...better yet...let us see what the customer sees...in regard to Mac 19

I am sorry..I know E-1 reads this..but it just seems so one sided and there is the conspiracy or paranoa factor.

Now how would you conduct a conference call with 200 or more folks talking at once? I think as far as the calls go the format being used is the best to hear info from management.

Questions- well, good questions will get answered don't you think?

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Questions- well, good questions will get answered don't you think?

Depends on if they want us to hear the answers. Ever hear the phrases "the run around or beating around the bush". I'm not saying they are doing that, but just like any company, they won't give out information until they are ready to do so.