con-way now $

Jim

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am new to the freight business and I am looking into different companies to work with. I live in Central/North Jersey and I want to buy a class b truck. My question is can there be money made in this field ? Driving solo ? $75 100 K per year ? Also does anyone have any comments on Con-Way Now,
Any and all info is appreciated..

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think you can forget about 100 K income driving a B unit solo.Probably 60K is more in the ball park and that is Gross before you pay any of those Northeast tolls and fuel prices.I don!t think Conway in the Northeast has much presence.I would try Fedex CC ,Panther,or Tri State..I just base this on observations as too what companies you see running in that area..

Jim

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Rich, Thanks for your reply. Since I have posted this question I have recieved info in the mail from Con way now. And I am going over it now. I will also look into getting some information from the companies that you listed.
I know that 100 k was far fetched but I did not know where to start. The recruiter told me that he has drivers that stay out 7-10 days that make 1400-1800 per week. Do you think that is accurate ?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Jim it is possible to gross those amounts that the recruiter told you,however there will probably be many weeks where you will do 50% of that and layover, with fixed costs and expenses that go on every day whether you drive 1 mile or 500.I am not trying to paint a bleak picture as where you are located in the country is probably one of the best areas for a B unit. Good Luck