Comdata and Flying J

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Can anyone tell me the status on the standoff between Flying J and Comdata? Are they still not accepting Comdata at the pump? I pretty much stopped going to Flying J when I started using Comdata.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It may change when the merger with Pilot happens, but as of now Flying J won't accept Comdata, and Comdata won't process Flying J's THC cards.

There are some Flying J locations that accept Comdata, however. They are franchised locations and not owned by Flying J. The Flying J in Williams, IA is one, as are the other locations owned by that guy (forget his name), like in Hardy and Billings, MT, Spokane and a few other locations in WA, Coeur d'Alene, ID.

Fling J is still pursuing a lawsuit alleging antitrust issues, and in exchange for Flying J dropping its antitrust suits against Pilot (for not accepting the THC cards) Pilot announced at a meeting with Flying J in front of the bankruptcy judge that they would accept THC cards at Pilot Travel Centers, which piѕѕed Comdata off to no end ('cause it means that Comdata card readers will have to process Flying J cards, at least at Pilots).
Court clears Flying J deal Knoxville News Sentinel