College Football

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
I have been waiting 242 days for the return of college football and in my case, the Missouri Tigers. Today they play Illinois in St Louis. It should be a great game. Last year I think Illinois kind of snuck up on the Tigers and made it close. This year all the hype on Missouri sets up either a great start to a banner year or a crushing, possibly season destroying defeat.
I am going to go out on a limb and predict a Missouri victory by the score of 31-17.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I've been waiting on college football to start since the end of the same game as you. My team didn't do so hot yesterday. My Arkansas Razorbacks beat the Western Ill. Leathernecks by 4 points, I think. That doesn't really make me think it's going to be a good year.

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
I am going to go out on a limb and predict a Missouri victory by the score of 31-17.

The halftime score was 31-13 so I guess I was "half right" in my prediction. I never saw the 52-42 result coming. The offense was a joy to watch until the injury scare to Maclin but the word is today that he will be fine. They defense needs to tighten up a bit but in the end a victory is a victory.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I guess I'll have to say the same about a victory is a victory with my Hogs this week. We beat Western Ill. by only 4 points. Petrino needs to get something going. I know this is his first season with this team and we have quite a few young players , but 4 points over a non-SEC team isn't going to cut it. When it comes time to play Bama, LSU, and the like we will have our work cut out for us. Not to mention Texas in week 3.

indydad11934

Seasoned Expediter
SEC all the way!!!
I am an LSU Tiger fan. I am not jumping on the bandwagon because they won the National Championship title last year. They have been my team since I was a little kid because I grew up in the New Orleans area and have seen them play countless times.
They started the year with an untested quarterback, but seemed to get off to a good start with a win against Appalachian State.

GO TIGERS!!!!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Good Bad or Ugly,I love my Buckeyes,and this year isnt looking so good.Might even have trouble running the table in the Big Ten,But I still love the scarlet and grey.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Good Bad or Ugly,I love my Buckeyes,and this year isnt looking so good.Might even have trouble running the table in the Big Ten,But I still love the scarlet and grey.

That's how I feel about my Arkansas Razorbacks. It going to be pretty this year. We beat Western Ill by 4 points like I said before and we barely got past University of Louisiana-Monroe. Who are they? Our game against Texas was postponed until the 27th. We play Alabama on Saturday and I have a feeling we are going to get our butts handed to us, but I will still be saying Wooo Pig Sooie. If Petrino will stick around for a couple of years I think we will have a good team. We have just lost a lot of experience in some key areas. We had 6(I think) players go in the draft. Could have been a couple more. That is good for Arkansas. We generally have around 2-4 go in the draft and few more go as few agents and be on practice squads for a little while.

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Night,
I couldn't agree more! I do believe we have our one loss this year, and I am confident that we will be meeting USC in the national championship game this year. I also believe that we will beat them this time!

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!

flattop40

Expert Expediter

I have spotted the enemy. :p

But don't worry your team won't be as bad as mine. Sad to say but the ol' Maze and Blue is going to have a hard time winning another game all year. This could be the worst season ever and to think we stuck our necks out for a guy who doesn't even know whats in his own contract.

I hold my head in shame.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Night,
I couldn't agree more! I do believe we have our one loss this year, and I am confident that we will be meeting USC in the national championship game this year. I also believe that we will beat them this time!

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!
Anne,a national championship for this year wont happen,but maybe we get usc in the rosebowl,and by then ,it wont be as bad a beatting,i dont thin usc will go undefeated either,they have to deal with oregon

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Yeah, I know a national championship is a far stretch away. I can still hope though. The third time is the charm right?? I took my dad to the horseshoe on Sat. It really was not an impressive win. I have no idea if it was Tressel playing safe or are we really not that good??? Nonetheless.....a W is a W no matter how ya get it!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Flattop, Pickup your head!! The Maize & Blue will win 6 and be in a bowl. You have to look at all of those 1st and 2nd year guys that are starting, and they are also running a new system with a complete no program. They will be just fine. While they haven't looked good for a complete game yet, they are improving with each game and the ND gave them a chance to experience alot. A BIG hustle road crowd, bad weather, a Big rival and while they blew it with the turnoovers, they still out played ND in all other aspects.

No 1 figured they would roll up 8-10 wins, and they might not even get 8, but the will get 6 and they will continue to improve.

As for Rich Rod, He is snake, but i would trade him for a lesser coach and he will bring the winning program a solid season , next year and from then on.

Go Blue!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Anne,most of the time,OSU just plays up to the competition,This week Beanie will be back,dont know how much he will play,but they will be ready for Minnesota

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Night,
Keeping Beanie out for the extra week was a good idea....He should be ready!

I took my dad to the game last week, I think Troy took us by surprise. They were fast. On the ground, it was nearly impossible to turn the corner for any positive yards. I think Pryor has a lot of promise as QB. He just needs to pass more and run less. And to see it live.... when you're so close to the field.... Pretty awasome!

PS Glad you're on the fast track to recovery!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Anne, Pryor was recruited to run. While he is a decent passer, his passing game isn't the best by any means. He will have a great career and his passing will improve, but he is there to run OSU's version of the "spread offense and "run" the ball.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Thats exactly true,but he is a pretty good passer and his 6'6" size will help.Beanies going play this week,but not alot