Cold Anger

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As we slouch our way into another election season that's been introduced by the quasi-official impeachment proceedings against Trump, I came across this essay that hit a nerve and is likely appropriate for many that inhabit Middle America. We see videos online of MAGA supporters having their hats jerked off or being physically attacked by noisy street thugs. Trump supporters were attacked while leaving a recent Trump rally in MN. Vehicles are vandalized because of bumper stickers. Conservative speakers are shouted down on college campuses. Another anonymous smear was launched recently against Justice Kavanaugh, but quickly evaporated. Civil discourse has become a quaint notion of the past and polite society no longer exists, especially in the media. Meanwhile, how many millions wait silently until November 3rd, 2020 for their day of reckoning?

There’s a level of anger far deeper and more consequential than expressed rage or visible behavior, it’s called Cold Anger.

Cold Anger does not need to go to violence. For those who carry it, no conversation is needed when we meet. You cannot poll or measure it; specifically, because most who carry it avoid discussion. And that decision has nothing whatsoever to do with any form of correctness.

Cold Anger absorbs betrayal silently, often prudently.

Cold Anger is not hatred, it is far more purposeful.

Cold Anger takes notice of the liars, even from a great distance – seemingly invisible to the mob. Cold Anger will still hold open the door for the riot goer. Mannerly.

Cold Anger evidenced is more severe because it is more strategic, and more purposeful.

Cold Anger does not gloat; it absorbs consistent vilification and ridicule as fuel. This sensibility does not want to exist, it is forced to exist in otherwise unwilling hosts – we also refuse to be destabilized by it.

Cold Anger is not driven to act in spite of itself; it drives a reckoning.

Cold Anger perceives deception the way the long-term battered absorb a blow in the hours prior to the pre-planned exit; with purpose.
- Woodpile Report

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Most of the videos I've seen show Pro Trump people getting punched, pushed, and spit on. I rarely have seen any retaliation, just them mostly absorbing punishment. I wouldn't mind seeing just once after one of those assaults a self defense punch in the nose and a good cry.