CB/HAM Cobra 29LX

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I finally replaced my old CB , a Cobra 29 WX NW ST, with a 29 LX.
So far, it seems to work just fine. It is clear and has good range.
I am using the factory installed built in antenna in my Cascadia. I was concerned about the effectiveness of the factory antenna, I had heard that a lot of drivers had issues with them, but it seems to work very well.
The 29 LX also has a lot of new features compared to my old radio. The LX model has the same basic platform as the old 29's, but with a new front and more features. Now let's just hope for the same longevity out of the new one as I received from my old one.

29LX_RED.png

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Update:
After almost a month, this new 29LX is working very well. It has good range and from those I've spoke to on it, it seems to transmit clearly. Not bad for a barefoot stock model cb.
The weather band with scan function is great. It works just like a stand alone NOAA weather radio, alerting you to potential storms in your area. And the alert takes some getting used to. The high pitch alert will definitely get your attention. After it gives you a heart attack, you can hit the weather band and listen to the weather warning. :)

Reactions: RAllensworth