Clink SUCKS!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just LOVE paying for all this JUNK! Now we, and zillions of others, are getting HOS violations when we are out of service. Something about a change put in by Qualcom that requires drivers to log off the Clink when we are going to be off for more that 14 hours. On TOP of that we cannot do post trip inspections, the Clink won't let us. That was going to be fixed LAST week, but of course, it was not! Got to love it, AND, we get to PAY through the NOSE for this junk! What more can we ask for? :mad:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We are not having any problems with doing post trip inspections. Just change to on duty and select why from one of the two remarks columns. The only change was the addition of a second remarks column.
Don't know about HOS violations as we haven't stopped moving since Monday morning.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are not having any problems with doing post trip inspections. Just change to on duty and select why from one of the two remarks columns. The only change was the addition of a second remarks column.
Don't know about HOS violations as we haven't stopped moving since Monday morning.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums mobile app

Tom was not able to use the post trip either. We see the second remarks column. When we put in post trip the "OK" does not light up and it cannot be entered.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Change your status, hit OK.
Then go back and do remarks.

To avoid all the warnings, whenever truck is moving, be sure co-driver is in the bunk.

We've been fighting it all week. No less than ten calls to Terry and Logs.

We've had to change how we operate to stay out of violation. The off duty in front for two hours is obsolete until they fix it.

Be careful. Wife drove off after 12 hr layover. It said I had 15 mins to get in bunk or Clink would put me on duty.
Too busy to deal with it. Just went back to bed.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I stopped complaining about Clink.
I don't want to be told to do paper logs. :cool:

Paper logs are a pain for sure. Paying for mandatory equipment that does not perform as needed is a bigger pain. As it stands right now, on my clink, I have to use paper logs and STILL pay for the junk!

The woman I talked to yesterday about the HOS violation was NOT a happy camper. She had been on the phone NON STOP with drivers with the same problem. The ONLY bright side to the HOS problem is that, as least they claim, is not a CSA issue.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Paper logs are a pain for sure. Paying for mandatory equipment that does not perform as needed is a bigger pain. As it stands right now, on my clink, I have to use paper logs and STILL pay for the junk!

The woman I talked to yesterday about the HOS violation was NOT a happy camper. She had been on the phone NON STOP with drivers with the same problem. The ONLY bright side to the HOS problem is that, as least they claim, is not a CSA issue.
Not yet...

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Rank has its privillages don't it. Just like the Super 8 Hotel In Washington a CDL Drivers get more of a Price cut percentage than an Military Member or retired Military. The Remark was It was a Waste of time Wasnt it. (Pertaining to Service of Country)
So it was said so let it be written Yup in the Ye old state of Washington Exit 272 Off of 90 West.
Must be another China Syndrome Company.
Like Pan for all the Gold. Hmmm
Time to get it on Like Donkey Kong.

Deville

Not a Member
This Qualcomm is the biggest piece of ****. Forced on us & we get the honor of paying $35 a week to FEDEX for the honor of useing it. Anyone who thinks FEDEX isn't pocketing $25 a week per unit is living in a fantasy world.

The unit was onsolete the day it was introduced. Old processor firmware updates that are alwaysbehind. The GPS is garbage. the touch screen is buggy, the volume on the unit is tinny, it takes almost 10 minutes to boot up at every re-start & Jhonson & Towers fried my ECM when they installed it & shruged there shoulders at it.

There isn't one thing that this unit does that my Samsung Galaxy phone can't so, & my 9 ounce phone does it better & can scan my paperwork.

The Qualcomm is garbage & should be treated as such.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, they aren't making $25 per unit. They make more like around $17-18 per unit. The actual cost is below $25 per week. That's guaranteed because Landstar only charges $25 per week and you can be sure they are not subsidizing any at all per unit.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Week, month.. at my age one seems an awful lot like the other.

GandJ

Active Expediter
I was under the impression that there are additional monthly costs for the clink. Each character transmitted over the clink is charged. Much like a cell phone data plan. Add up all the dara transmitted and that may be the
difference in cost you are seeing.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That does add a little to the cost and it would vary some month to month. That should have been accounted for when QC gave me an estimated cost for outfitting my fleet. It's almost certain normal usage adds only a small amount, keeping the weekly cost below $25 or else Landstar would charge more than $25 a week to their contractors.