Classified Job Board (Thank you, thank you, thank you!)

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Having decided it was time for a career change, I searched all the papers in and around my hometown for monthes. After countless calls, interviews, resumes sent, I still had not found anything satisfying. I finally decided to get into expediting. I had originally decided to buy my own vehicle, and looked at everything up to and including D units before settling on a B unit. After much research and talking to many, many driver about the current expediting outlook, I decided to try driving for someone else for a while before making the investment. I placed an ad on the Classified board on June 28. Within 3 weeks, I had over 10 offers. I made calls, weighed my options, and made my decision based on all factors. As of this coming Monday, I will be driving a unit leased to FedEx CUstom Critical. I still have the "newbie" excitement, without all the worry I knew I would have buying a new vehicle.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to write to me with advice, thanks to all who talked to me in the truckstops and on the C.B., and thanks to Expeditors Online for the Job Board. I heartily recommend it to anyone. Without it, I never would have made the conection to the owner, (he lives in Missouri, I live in Ohio). My van will be delivered tomorrow, and I'll be on my way.

Thank you to all.

Dreamer

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
RE: Classified Job Board (to Lawrence)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-00 AT 05:00PM (GMT)[/font][p]Thank you for the good wishes. I really hope to have a good experience with this. I was in the business 6 years ago, but left after less than a year due to the O/O I was driving for canceling his lease. I was very unprepared for the lifestyle back then, but am more prepared now, with better research and plans, due mainly to info I have found on this site and a couple of others, and from conversations with current drivers. I do feel that with good preparation and more REALISTIC expectations, I will enjoy this opportunity and be better prepared to decide whether to purchase my own unit. Thanks again to all.

...see you out there!!!

The Dreamer