Cisco T/Stops

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The State of Gorgia has banned diesel and gasoline sales at the two Cisco Truck Stops on I 95 just past the Florida Georgia line . One is at Exit 1 and the other at Exit 6. Inspectors found out that the customers were being shorted 1 quart of fuel for every 5 gallons purchased. This was at every pump.So if you purchased 100 gallons of fuel you only received 96. Wonder how many other places have the same practice.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Oh my goodness! How would we ever know if this is being done? I thought these things were regulated by the government. Thankfully they caught these truck stops but, wow! That hurts the bottom line - big time!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Now only when they force the retailers to install temp compensators on the pumps, it will be a good thing.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
A few years ago the samething happened at the Seneca Indian Reservation just south of Buffalo N.Y. on Route 5&20 intersection.
The Seneca Hawk station's pumps were showing a gallon of fuel, the actual fuel pumped was 3/4 of a gal.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Rich, did this look like a temporary thing or did it look permanent? I wonder if it was intentional or just a problem with their pumps. We've stopped at the one at exit 1 but never purchased fuel at either of them.