Chrysler workers getting high while on break in the UAW parking lot

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yes you read it right. Our great Fox local news hacks were tipped to this happening and setup cameras to see if it was true and OPPS it was.

Chrysler workers get caught

Now before anyone says anything, this is common stuff. when an outside complaint happens, they are 'relieved' of their work duty and sometimes 'fired' but it doesn't happen often that they get caught by someone outside the company.

One of the reasons I complain a lot about the UAW is exactly this. in the piece the had on TV, the UAW local rep said he was not aware of the activities but it is hard to believe that seeing it actually happened on their property.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL, yeap it is common place..Just last week when I pointed this out, one member here, a retired UAW worker and supporter said that this type of thing was "so 80's" indicating that it wasn't a issue now...:rolleyes:

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
I worked at a bar in romeo mi for a while just a mile from the ford engine plant on 32 mile.the workers would flood the bar during their lunch break,pound four or five beers then go back to work.This was just a few years ago.Yet we are evil for not feeling bad because they dont make 30 dollars an hour.:D

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know a few guys that work at Chrysler plants and can say there is a good chance they purchased that right there in the plant from a coworker. I am sure this is not limited to Chrysler.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
so what is the issue? does it effect us? I know of expeditors going for a "walk" and having a toke....it happens in all walks of life.....

Freightdawg

Expert Expediter
The Chrsler people getting high probably resulted in the Dodge Challenger imported from Detroit ad campaign. Too bad the cars were built in Canada though.

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
LOL, yeap it is common place..Just last week when I pointed this out, one member here, a retired UAW worker and supporter said that this type of thing was "so 80's" indicating that it wasn't a issue now...:rolleyes:

You should go back and read again what i said, but whatever, so they caught a few, gawd it must be every autoworker doing it, rolls eyes back. Drugs an booze is always an issue at every workplace not just the autoworker as i have also seen expediters getting high, so every expediter must be getting high or drinking, give me a break.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You should go back and read again what i said, but whatever, so they caught a few, gawd it must be every autoworker doing it, rolls eyes back. Drugs an booze is always an issue at every workplace not just the autoworker as i have also seen expediters getting high, so every expediter must be getting high or drinking, give me a break.

I think it is because news wise the UAW is a high profile union...then there is the civil servants...same as when a bad cop gets caught...it rots the whole barrel..

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well OVM, it has to do with the quality of the junk that you buy from the company. If you have one of those engines in your car, it may mean problems during the ownership. Can't figure out why the engine just blew up?

The big deal is that the company should not support that behavior while others would gladly work in their place.

Yep ... imported from Detroit ads are a joke. They don't even design the cars in Detroit and their presence I think is limited to one plant now, Jefferson Jeep assembly where they still have a high rejection rate with poor quality control. Detroit is not the rest of the area.

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
Well OVM, it has to do with the quality of the junk that you buy from the company. If you have one of those engines in your car, it may mean problems during the ownership. Can't figure out why the engine just blew up?

The big deal is that the company should not support that behavior while others would gladly work in their place.

Yep ... imported from Detroit ads are a joke. They don't even design the cars in Detroit and their presence I think is limited to one plant now, Jefferson Jeep assembly where they still have a high rejection rate with poor quality control. Detroit is not the rest of the area.

I didnt see where the company supported that kind of bahavior. Do you really believe that this only happens in union plants?

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Viper is assembled in the Conner Rd plant I think...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I didnt see where the company supported that kind of bahavior. Do you really believe that this only happens in union plants?

YES! To a point.

It happens in all kinds of plants but the difference is the union still protects a lot of workers by forcing them into company paid rehab when there is an internal complaint.

The company, Chrysler has been known to look the other way.

Regardless, I won't be buying the junk they now produce.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Ford turns out a lot of junk....the repair lot is almost as big as the finished product lot..

Well the difference is this, Ford wasn't bailed out of their problems by the government, they were not given billion or so in tax incentives on the local or state level and they didn't screw the stock holders and bond holders who took the risk and some who believed in the company by sticking with their stock.

GM and Chrysler can go out of business as far as I'm concern. They took government money, complaining about how unfair life is and than screwed the tax payer by playing the numbers game while all the time producing junk.

OH and I forgot, both of them are still practicing the same things that got them in trouble, GM has even gone so far as to purchase a company that allows them to sell cars to people who can't afford it.

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
YES! To a point.

It happens in all kinds of plants but the difference is the union still protects a lot of workers by forcing them into company paid rehab when there is an internal complaint.

The company, Chrysler has been known to look the other way.

Regardless, I won't be buying the junk they now produce.

I doubt if you know if they look the other way or not, Im sure there are examples, but having worked in a car plant for 30 years, if they had proof, they didnt look the other way. Everyone has broke a law, whether its speeding or drug abuse or just jaywalking, those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
First thing as CEO of Gm or Chrysler.....reclaim MY company.....rip off UAW stickers from buildings and hual down the flags....and declare war.....I will run it MY way or the highway...there is a new sherriff in town....

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I worked in a Toyota plant for 4 yrs. There was drug use. It's bound to happen anywhere humans are employed. Even at hallowed places like Toyota lol.

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
First thing as CEO of Gm or Chrysler.....reclaim MY company.....rip off UAW stickers from buildings and hual down the flags....and declare war.....I will run it MY way or the highway...there is a new sherriff in town....

What your missing is, the big 3 really like the unions in there, the unions now handle all the little and some big issues with the workers now. The company sells the union on issues then the union sells the workers.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Everyone has broke a law, whether its speeding or drug abuse or just jaywalking, those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

Wow... that's a strawman argument taken to a new level. Maybe that's what the jury was thinking in the Casey Anthony case.

Juror 7: Well... I was speeding the other day. I just don't feel right convicting someone of murder. Me being a lawbreaker, and all.

Juror 2: I know what you mean. I lit some firecrackers off the other day. I think we all have a duty to acquit. Afterall, we're all breaking the law, right?

Juror 10: Yeah... it's something about glass houses and throwing rocks. I had a sip of Jim Beam once in high school. I still feel guilty to this day, and could never condemn someone else. It would be so hypocritical.