Christmas Wish List

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
After consulting with John..he is checking into a Macro 19 for us...I've also consulted with some drivers and the ones I can call would give some input...

This is so far the "List" of add ons...

Scanning radius 100 miles...

unlimited queries....

ability to querie while under load...

This is a posititioning macro that will tell you how many of each class is within the set radius....to try and cut down on the phone volume to dispatch

Comments?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
After consulting with John..he is checking into a Macro 19 for us...I've also consulted with some drivers and the ones I can call would give some input...

This is so far the "List" of add ons...

Scanning radius 100 miles...

unlimited queries....

ability to querie while under load...

This is a posititioning macro that will tell you how many of each class is within the set radius....to try and cut down on the phone volume to dispatch

Comments?

Well as promised I checked into the infamous "Marco 19"! We are in the process of enabling it. We wanted some modifications done to enhance the "logic" behind it. They have been completed and it is currently uploading to the qcomm equiped units.

Ken, pm or call me with the other items so I am sure that I fully understand the requests.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well as promised I checked into the infamous "Marco 19"! We are in the process of enabling it. We wanted some modifications done to enhance the "logic" behind it. They have been completed and it is currently uploading to the qcomm equiped units.

Ken, pm or call me with the other items so I am sure that I fully understand the requests.

do you understand them yet? will be at the "Yard" in the morning...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
This is a really good tool that lets a driver see where it would be of benefit to all to reposition theirselves....that being said, personally I'd love to see the "freight trends" as to where and the number of loads are coming from....It really doesn't do much good to move to an area that we historically don't do much picks from...if we could see that city X was good for 3 loads a week over a 90 day period , then it makes the decision on where to move to alot easier..

Its hard to be critical of disaptch as they do a good job of worjing for us but when I inquire as to if i am in a fairly good area for freight movement outbound after a drop, I have yet to be told anything but "stay there".....then end up making an empty move a day or 2 later.....

And one other wish that I have made an effort to get through to dispatch, at least from my stand point and i know Ken and TJP and Tony and Sue feel the same way, all roads do not have to lead back to Taylor....if they are seeing freight anywhere within a 200 mile radius of me after I drop and I can get to it in time...bid it no matter where it is going....my wife and daughter appreciate that fact that they don't have to deal with me for about 3 weeks at a time!!!

Asain these are not ment to disparage dispatch at all, they do a good job, these are just suggestions it impliment as we grow..

Reactions: 1 person

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
yeah Judy and I are thinking of renting or buying a 2nd small home in Taylor for the amount of time I get back there...*lol*

at least N to S - S to N ...we don't get a lot of sun in our eyes...*lol*

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
This is a really good tool that lets a driver see where it would be of benefit to all to reposition theirselves....that being said, personally I'd love to see the "freight trends" as to where and the number of loads are coming from....It really doesn't do much good to move to an area that we historically don't do much picks from...if we could see that city X was good for 3 loads a week over a 90 day period , then it makes the decision on where to move to alot easier..

Its hard to be critical of disaptch as they do a good job of worjing for us but when I inquire as to if i am in a fairly good area for freight movement outbound after a drop, I have yet to be told anything but "stay there".....then end up making an empty move a day or 2 later.....

And one other wish that I have made an effort to get through to dispatch, at least from my stand point and i know Ken and TJP and Tony and Sue feel the same way, all roads do not have to lead back to Taylor....if they are seeing freight anywhere within a 200 mile radius of me after I drop and I can get to it in time...bid it no matter where it is going....my wife and daughter appreciate that fact that they don't have to deal with me for about 3 weeks at a time!!!

Asain these are not ment to disparage dispatch at all, they do a good job, these are just suggestions it impliment as we grow..

Thank you Dennis, good post.

As Tony has always said when we are out here we are prepared to run 48 States & Canada.
We do not mind running from FL -CA, or CA to NY - this is what we are here for.... wherever the load takes us :D

And yes, thank you to dispatch they are doing a great job for us all :)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Maybe we just miss you guys and love seeing you!!!! Did you ever stop to consider our needs and feelings?????

Ok, just kidding.

We are working on trying to change that mindset. For so many years the fleets was all based in close proximity to Detroit. We worked hard to get them home as often as possible. We are reminding our people all of the time. Please do the same. Not a bad thing, but we just always really strived on the home time issue. We are evolving as a company and this is part of it.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Its hard to be critical of dispatch as they do a good job of working for us but when I inquire as to if i am in a fairly good area for freight movement outbound after a drop, I have yet to be told anything but "stay there".....then end up making an empty move a day or 2 later.....

OK, this one is tougher. One thing about expedite is inconsistency. An area like Atlanta may be strong one week, and weak the next. We try and give you feedback based on what we are seeing with the customers, and the boards on a real time basis. This changes from morning to afternoon to evening. In expedite, I am not sure if even yesterdays info is that relevant the next day.

This is one that we can look at over time and see if we can try and find a way to mine the data to provide you guys with actionable information.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Maybe we just miss you guys and love seeing you!!!! Did you ever stop to consider our needs and feelings?????

Ok, just kidding.

We are working on trying to change that mindset. For so many years the fleets was all based in close proximity to Detroit. We worked hard to get them home as often as possible. We are reminding our people all of the time. Please do the same. Not a bad thing, but we just always really strived on the home time issue. We are evolving as a company and this is part of it.

Ah, but John...our home time isn't in Detroit..ie..we live in SD and have kids in Va and Md..

while Jeanna lives in Flint..she too has a daughter in VA..not all of us are from the freight lanes.:)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ah, but John...our home time isn't in Detroit..ie..we live in SD and have kids in Va and Md..

while Jeanna lives in Flint..she too has a daughter in VA..not all of us are from the freight lanes.:)

I have to admit a lot of people looked at me when I told them we were signing on a unit from Bison SD. That was before they knew anything about the shorts!

But Juju and the pickles smoothed it all over, lol.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I have to admit a lot of people looked at me when I told them we were signing on a unit from Bison SD. That was before they knew anything about the shorts!

But Juju and the pickles smoothed it all over, lol.

Name your price to get Ken home for Christmas and I'll send back a bunch of them!! :D

All kidding aside, you know we or Ken will stay out for weeks on end..we knew when we moved back to SD 5 years ago there would be a price and were willing to pay it. If you ever get the urge to get away from it all, the welcome mat is always there!:)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I promise you this. The next time I am close to Bison SD, I will stop in!!!! :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You and the wife should take in the Sturgis experience...rent a motor home and after you can come up tp Bison just 2 hours north and hook up in our TP..i won't even charge ya....:rolleyes:

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
OK, this one is tougher. One thing about expedite is inconsistency. An area like Atlanta may be strong one week, and weak the next. We try and give you feedback based on what we are seeing with the customers, and the boards on a real time basis. This changes from morning to afternoon to evening. In expedite, I am not sure if even yesterdays info is that relevant the next day.

This is one that we can look at over time and see if we can try and find a way to mine the data to provide you guys with actionable information.

I like the Mac 19 option since it does give you needed info on what trucks are in the same area. As for moving, I've never moved myself after dropping since I came over to Load 1. Dispatch has always found a load within a reasonable distance of where I was sitting. I agree with John. It's hard to keep your finger on the "pulse" of expedite since it keeps moving around.