Christmas Carols

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
A while back Jamming Jim asked what are your favorite Christmas movies.
I listen to Christmas music this time of the year and was wondering if othrs do and what is their favorite carol.

I think #1 is" O Holy Night" by Johnny Mathis and #2 is "Silent Night" by Stevie Nicks of the group Fleetwood Mac. I had the pleasure of meeting Ms Nicks in San Diego after a concert and she could seduce me in about 10 seconds.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I saw her last year at one of those benefit meet and greet things here in Detroit and she looks old - not Goldy Hawn or Ann Margret old either. She has done a lot for one charity I still do some work for and I saw her back in '99 but she looked a lot different then.

Isn't she like 60 or 62 now?

Anyway as for songs I really can't say which one is good, as long as the radio stations don't play them into the ground, like WOMC which is all Christmas music all the time for 8 weeks or something like that.

Did you know that Bing Crosby really didn't want to do White Christmas being doubtful at any success (he was alway careful of his career). Irving Berlin, who wrote it prompted bing to do the song as a duet instead of his costar singing it solo in holiday inn, the movie the song was used in. Also Berlin wrote the song in Arizona and it was a parody of a lonely northern who was living in LA missing snow and the white Christmas he always had.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Bob Seger's "The Little Drummer Boy" has been known to make me cry, and so has "Chipmunks Roasting On An Open Fire" - for different reasons, but I love them both.;)