Chevy diesel van

G

Got a used 97 chevy diesel 1 ton cargo leased to TSE. Having recurring problems with the fuel system and inectors. Spending $1700 a whack to repair. Anyone having similar problems? I would like to see a class action suit agaist these people. Feedback pls

Phil

G

I suggest you search the web for the Canadian Automobile Protection Association. They are a first-rate advocacy group, who have successfully sued the Big 3 on many occasions. They have an excellent book that comes out every year called LEMON-Aid, which lists all vehicles sold in North America, by year, make, and model. Each listing shows the frequency of repairs, and all recalls, and hidden warranties that the manufacturers don't want you to know about.

Don't be put off by the name, the organisation is very well worth the annual membership, because of the great monthly magazine, and the free vehicle reports, twice a year. They also have a listing of honest garages and mechanics, but unfortunately, it only lists those in Canada. Jim Bunting Field Editor, Expeditersonline. com

G

get rid off that piece of ##### van of yours buy a ford powerstroke 7.3 way to go..............chevy known for bad injectors dude

G

Have one. It fails to impress me with its astounding 9.5 mpg economy.

The glow plugs on mine don't seem to be functional, makes for a nice
way to start my day.

G

PHIL-MOTOR CITY
I HAVE A CHEVY, YES THEY HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS, DEPENDING ON THE MOTOR YOU GOT
IF YOU GOT THE LARGER MOTOR THE INJECTORS GO WITHIN THE 1ST 50,000, WITH THE 6.5
I HAVE NOT HAD A PROBLEM SO FAR ( KNOX ON WOOD)
FRANK

G

7.3 ford motor

Injectors on 7.3 very easy to test and replace. So is the "control box" want to know e-mail me and i'll tell you how i do it. Just thought i could help.

G

DIESEL FUEL

SINCE THE GOVERNMENT MADE FUEL COMPANIES TAKE THE SULPHUR OUT OF DIESEL FUEL ALL DIESEL OWNERS ARE HAVING MORE PROBLEMS--SUGGEST A FUEL ADDITIVE LIKE POWER SERVE OR HOWES TO LUBRICATE THE SYSTEM---NOT A CURE ALL BUT WILL HELP--I HAVE A 94 FORD WITH 560,000 ON IT

G

RE: DIESEL FUEL

just woundering id like to heare how long these power strokes last before they need to get re built mid 200,000 or wat my 99 f350 got 80,000 on it already i gringe to see how much????? $$$$$$$$$$$

G

RE: DIESEL FUEL

WAT KIND OF MOTOR U GOT 500,000 MILES ON A POWER STROKE 7.3?????