Cherries are in season!

ihamner

Expert Expediter
We just purchased fresh cherries at a local Sams Club. Cherries have a rather short buying season so don't miss out on these! They are packed with anti-oxidants and vitamins. They are the perfect sweet, juicy snack when you are driving down the road.

Monty

Expert Expediter
So .. I sez to my next door neighbor, (who has lived there just a couple of years) ... "You going to pick those cherries?" ...... "I have cherries?" .... "Look up! That tree is busting at the seams ...." .... "Oh, I didn't know what they were" .... geeze!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I picked up a bad of cherries in Walmart last week and they were almost six dollars a POUND. I put them back quickly even though I wait all year for Cherry season. We are out in Las Vegas and I just a bag for less then $2.00 a pound and I am thrilled!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome back India, its been awhile! How's the little reefer gig going?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
India, good to see you back!
I'm wondering how the growers ever get enough cherries picked to sell - I used to have 2 cherry trees, 1 dark sweet & the other bright red tart ones, side by side. Every year, the birds ate every last sweet cherry [they have a slight advantage over people, when it comes to stuff in trees, sigh] but they never touched the other tree.
:rolleyes:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
India, good to see you back!
I'm wondering how the growers ever get enough cherries picked to sell - I used to have 2 cherry trees, 1 dark sweet & the other bright red tart ones, side by side. Every year, the birds ate every last sweet cherry [they have a slight advantage over people, when it comes to stuff in trees, sigh] but they never touched the other tree.
:rolleyes:

Heres your solution.. Just tell dispatch ya gotta go home to spread the kool aid.Protecting Cherries - YouTube

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cool! I figured there's a trick, like keeping strawberries safe by 'salting' them with red marbles [birds don't peck them twice,lol] I just never found it.
BTW, I don't have the trees anymore, I've baked my last pie from cherries I picked myself. I was just curious - but someone else may be able to use the info. Info is good like that.
:eek: