Changing Carriers

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
I am changing carriers. Many have posted in here saying I should do just that. So if it does not work out, it is all your fault. I expect everyone who encouraged me to do this to take up a collection for me if it does not workl :D

Especially since I was not able to make my own decisions, and had to do what you all told me. You better not make me do something that causes me to not make money.

If you do, you will hear from my attorneys Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

Davekc, you told me to think of them as if we were married. I adopted that mindset as a means of dealing with them.

Looks like a divorce is in the works. This is the first time I have ever cheated like this.

When I turned in my stuff to my ex carrier, I found out they are laying off people in the office. I found they had 6 of 40 vans loaded on the board.

When I visited my new carrier, I found them to be doubling the size of their building. This proves nothing, though it indicates to me the two companies are heading in a different direction.

I am currently failing in the expedite business, if operating costs exceeding income is used as a definition of failing.

I am moving along nicely in the business if changing roads that are leading me in the wrong direction is the definition.

I buy no toys. I eat frugally. I have inflated my tires to the max pressure. I run at significantly lower speeds.

I am changing from a company that has not encouraged me to find my own loads when they could not find them to one which offers me more of the money if I do.

I am switching from a flat rate to a percentage rate.

I am selling my house and only a cabin remains in order to cut costs as per the Madsens.

I reduced my veh weight in order to qualify for bigger loads, and am reducing my insurance costs in the process.

I am using credit cards to operate the business that pay me to use them, as I pay them off not monthly, but weekly.

All of these things and more are things you all have told me to do, whether you realized you were telling me this or not.

I hope I have not misinterpreted. This is not a game for me, it is my passion.

May you please offer prayers for me, and if you don't do that type of thing, offer your advice, please.

I have named very few names here. Sorry if I left "you" out, it is not meant as disrespect. It is the nature of my overburdened mental capacities.

Turtle, I would imagine you think I just don't get it. You may be right. I don't get it easily. Some of it is me, and some of it is the conflicting advise given. Not conflicting within you, but rather between you and others.

Still, I wanted to give you a special shout out for sharing your knowledge.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
So happy to hear you have taken this big step for yourself! We wish you the best with your new carrier. It's great you have managed to keep your sense of humor through all of this! Please keep us posted as to how you're doing once you're on the road, I'm sure we'll be hearing a completely different tone!
When a 'less-than' carrier is all you have known, it's hard to be confident about the other side being greener, but when it was that bad, there's really nothing to lose and everything to gain. I'm so sure you're making the right decision that I'll be the first to start a collection for you if I'm wrong!
Good luck!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You have the right attitude, not just in sense of humor but in being proactive to better things. Based on your commitment to learn the business and absorb as much knowledge as possible since the day you joined us combined with your willingness to work it would be going way against the odds to bet against you. Good luck with the new carrier.

Reactions: 1 person

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
You have the right attitude, not just in sense of humor but in being proactive to better things. Based on your commitment to learn the business and absorb as much knowledge as possible since the day you joined us combined with your willingness to work it would be going way against the odds to bet against you. Good luck with the new carrier.

I don't know how to quote multiple posts, so I want to thank you too, pjjjj. Thanks Lawrence for your support.

I finished the first day of orientation today. Got new graphics and the dreaded (to me) Quaalcom. I haven't used one of those since the 90s,

I am anxious to get loaded.