Changeup - Ask the Driver! Roadcheck 2013

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Drivers;

Any reports, good or bad, on Roadcheck 2013?

Any really questionable violations?

Give us the dirt.

Thanks,

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Most scales I have passed was closed but Ohio was targeting flatbeds in rest areas. I got waved on at the few scales that were open.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Originally I was going to go home but decided I would just stay out and keep doing my job the way I always do because I don't want to bow down to the tyranny of the DOT. There were a lot of people that looked like they had issues at the scale on the north side of DC.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Archer

Active Expediter
Not a thing going on here, only the baby snow shoe bunnies playing in the yard. I roll out on Friday for a short run with the wife going with me.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Iowa, last night, around 1 AM. Lots of level 3's, with real close logbook scrutiny. The tickets were flying.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
The westbound scale at MM 6 on I-76 in Ohio has been doing brisk business with lots of trucks parked in back and the repair trucks moving among them. $$$.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

tknight

Veteran Expediter
The 76 wb scale is a training scale very brisk business so is the 80wb just into Ohio from pa also the mib were in fine fashion in southern Ohio. Mib=us dot

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
To all;

Thanks for the "alerts" and updates. Surely this helps your fellow drivers know where the action is.

Anyone receive any "questionable" violations where you felt the inspector subjected you to unreasonable scrutiny?

Did anyone receive violations that were not deserved?

Thanks for your input. Be safe.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Green Lights in Missouri for us but.... saw lots of traffic inside the scale with tire trucks in attendance.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Got stopped and passed with no violations and had technically a small infraction but the officer doing my inspection said she didn't want to mess up an otherwise spotless inspection for something that small...though we had bonded in shortness solidarity so maybe she was biased! :)

)0( Nasmaste )0(