CDL Online Help - Worth the money ???

tazman

Expert Expediter
Hi All,

I've finally decided to get my CDL (after all these years)...and today I went down to get my paper work setup....

Has anybody ever purchased or used the companies online that sell help to pass your written test (i.e. www.cdlexam.com) ??????
Are they worth the money ????

My CDL handbook is not very "learning friendly"...here in Pa...and the HAZMAT is worse....My big hangup is multiple choice questions....I freeze a lot..on those kind of tests...Some of these online programs claim they can help.....

Thanks

Frank in Pa.

"The Beast in the East":)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When you take a multiple choice test read the question twice before you look at any of the answers. Then don't look for the correct answer, look for the ones you know for certain are wrong. You can usually toss out at least 2 answers from the 4 offered so now you reread the question and look at the 2 remaining to choose which is correct. I can't remember which professor told us that but it works pretty well. Good luck.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

tazman

Expert Expediter
Leo,

Great info...I knew coming to EO would be always be a good start...

Frank in Pa.

"The Beast in the East"

P.S.-I may be looking for a ride when I'm done...got any seats open ? trucks

Mileater

Seasoned Expediter
Study those online tests until you absolutely ace them. I mean 98% or better, and also try and understand the answers. The tests at the DMV will be mostly different so you will need to understand the questions and answers rather than memorizing them. Once you get to this point you will surely pass the written test. GL

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Here in KY they won't let you take the written test for HAzmat until you pass the background check . If it's that way in your state you'll have plenty of time to study while waiting for the background check . Mine took 5 weeks .