CDL driver (Looking to drive straight trucks or Sprinters)

Islander

Rookie Expediter
Just wanted to throw this out there to get a little feedback from the recruiters/owners.

I have a Virginia Class "A" CDL with new medical card, and I'm cleared for interstate. I can obtain a HazMat endorsement with no problem if needed. Excellent driving record & No felonies. Retired Navy.

I have been off the road since 2003. I would still be out there but the wife was battling a series of operations during that era. (all turned out well)

I have decided that I want to go back out again, and I was wondering if Straight truck & Sprinter companies/owners require the same recent experience as Class A driver companies do. If they do require recent experience, then what is the best way to break into expediting. I could actually purchase a Sprinter tomorrow if it was kept busy enough to make the numbers work.

Thanks for reading.

Respectfully.....John

Last edited:

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
John;

Research the expedite companies and narrow your search. Contact each of the companies on your refined list of carriers and ask them about the experience.

I personally would like to think that if you could drive a tractor trailer in 2003 that you might perhaps be able to handle a Sprinter in 2015, but the straight may require the experience. Each company has their own policies.

Thanks,

jimdavis

Not a Member
Hi John

Now a days huge numbers of transportations and companies looking for freshers and experienced truckers and paying good salary

Want more information the we help you :( :)