CDC confirms first case of Ebola in US

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The patient suffering from Ebola in a Texas hospital has been identified as New York Mets pitcher Matt Harvey. Harvey had been rehabbing in Liberia following Tommy John surgery last year. He flew into Dallas to visit Nolan Ryan. The CDC isn't sure if Mr. Harvey contracted Ebola while in Liberia or if he was infected from a tainted steak he ate at Nolan Ryan's ranch.
EbolaMattHarvey_zps130283cc.jpg

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I can understand why that reality is SO hard for some to accept.
I propose you test your "wide-open, uncontrolled border" theory ... perhaps head up to the Ambassador and hoof it across to Windsor, grab one those hot snausage sandwichs from the vendor at the Canadian Tire, and then strut your stuff back on over to the US side ...

Drop us line and report back how you make out.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's almost as hard as the reality of The Soapbox versus The Loading Dock.

Maybe this should have been in the Soapbox in the first place? The subject of diseases moving across international borders is, by it's very nature, going to involve the lack of control, or control, of said borders.

Nothing to do with sausage either.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Maybe this should have been in the Soapbox in the first place?
Current Events is hardly an arguable opinion.

The subject of diseases moving across international borders is, by it's very nature, going to involve the lack of control, or control, of said borders.

It appears you badly want this to be moved to The Soapbox. That's not gonna happen. I suggest reading the OP again, then you'll see what the actual subject is, and it's got nothing to do with open or uncontrolled borders. They don't even know when, where or how the guy was infected.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Current Events is hardly an arguable opinion.

It appears you badly want this to be moved to The Soapbox. That's not gonna happen. I suggest reading the OP again, then you'll see what the actual subject is, and it's got nothing to do with open or uncontrolled borders. They don't even know when, where or how the guy was infected.

You are the boss. I was just askin, I am sayin nuthin more. Good night.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Maybe this should have been in the Soapbox in the first place? The subject of diseases moving across international borders is, by it's very nature, going to involve the lack of control, or control, of said borders.

Has nothing to do with wild, unfounded allegations which are demonstrably false either ...

Jus' sayin' ...