CBS Plans Dan Rather Tribute, you going to watch?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think that the mess Dan Rather got into because of his arrogence, he should use the qoute made by General MacArthur - "...Just fade away."

I don't watch CBS anymore because of his comments and actions after the falsified document mess. I strongly feel that CBS news lost all of its intergrity not firing rather and his staff but instead defended him and allowing him to retire.

This my feelings are further reinforced with the disgusting kiss a** interview with iranian's president and Mike Wallace (who also should have retired and fade away). It amazes me that people, especially so called journalist, think that this was a big break through in journalism.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
RE: CBS Plans Dan Rather Tribute, you going to wat

Unless for some reason I'm required to choose between watching this or Simpson cartoons I'd rather not Rather.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Network news is on life support. The bigwigs just don't want to admit its dead. Some folks will watch the Perky One for a month or so, but she will be way to little and much to late.

greg334

Veteran Expediter

The perky one? Gag, choke, puke. This also shows CBS is lost and should just shut its doors.

She is so stupid and lost in her own vanity. Some of her comments have been so off base and in some cases insulting the person she was interviewing. I read a lot of comments that she wants an hour for the news and she wants different segments to talk about this or that - wow just like the today show. The five city tour she is or was doing was a dog and pony show from what I heard. there were comments along the line that I would say; no fluf, no BS - just the facts without the c**p of your analysis or thoughts.

You know I think Lisa Simpson would be good at CBS.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Dan Rather is essentially a liberal liar than has been exposed. I would see little reason to watch.
Katie Couric isn't that bad if the volume is off.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator