CB shop near Cleveland, Oh

guido4475

Not a Member
There used to be one in Lodi, at the Pilot,But it closed some time ago. There is one in Lagrange,but I havent used him.I personally like the guys in Lake Station, Ind. at the Flying J. Real good people, who know what they are doing.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
moving on electionics inc.
204 commerce dr.
anna,ohio
ext 99 at i-75

phone 937-394-7338

this is the place i use....

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Hey, does anyone know, do they make portable CB's or do you need the large antenna for a good signal?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
seen them but they got like a 5-10 miles range.

Well, that would serve my purpose, need one mostly, so when I get to a warehouse they can tell me which dock door to hit. Also, so I can stay in the truck and take a nap and then they will call me when loaded

guido4475

Not a Member
Hey, does anyone know, do they make portable CB's or do you need the large antenna for a good signal?

Dakota, back in the old days lot lizards used to use hand-held cb's to conduct business while on foot....Please tell me this is not your intention, trying to make money in this fashion.....lol.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Dakota, back in the old days lot lizards used to use hand-held cb's to conduct business while on foot....Please tell me this is not your intention, trying to make money in this fashion.....lol.

LMAO, no I'm not thinking about becoming a male gigilo
Just thinking about different options, I did check out prices for CB's on Amazon and they are pretty cheap. I just figured a portable unit would be easier. Thinking of getting a permanent one and using velcro to mount to dash.

Remember all EO'rs Channel 36 at the truck stops:D

guido4475

Not a Member
LMAO, no I'm not thinking about becoming a male gigilo
Just thinking about different options, I did check out prices for CB's on Amazon and they are pretty cheap. I just figured a portable unit would be easier. Thinking of getting a permanent one and using velcro to mount to dash.

Remember all EO'rs Channel 36 at the truck stops:D

A gigolo? With the way freight is, that may not be a bad idea.But velcroing the cb to the dash does work,And the best velcro I have found is at WAl-Mart in the crafts section.Use the industrial strength.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
A gigolo? With the way freight is, that may not be a bad idea.But velcroing the cb to the dash does work,And the best velcro I have found is at WAl-Mart in the crafts section.Use the industrial strength.

Industrial strength Velcro, hmmmm sounds like fun

Groebel

Not a Member
Is the Cobra 29 a pretty good radio? What about antennas I've been looking at fiberglass ones that cost $30.00 each. Do I need two?
I am just getting started and I am trying to budget my startup costs.

guido4475

Not a Member
A cobra is a good radio, and I dont know what you are putting it in, but I have had great results using a Wilson magnet-mount antenna, 5000 series, or a wilson mirror mount, 2000 or 5000.A better cb is a connex.