CB location in a Sprinter

Billy The Impaler

Rookie Expediter
Researching
US Air Force
I'm starting in a 2015 Mercedes Sprinter. I'm planning on taking out the passenger seat at some point. Don't know how that's done yet, but that's down the road a bit, after I figure out how to power a fridge, microwave, and AC. But my immediate concern is where to mount a CB. There's so little room, I'm still not sure where to mount my tablet and large GPS. Any ideas? I'd prefer to not mount them above dash level, except for the GPS, which I'll take down and only mount if I'm going in the boonies where there's no cell service. How does everyone mount a CB? I want to make sure I'm in the correct lane when there's a lane blockage.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I'm starting in a 2015 Mercedes Sprinter. I'm planning on taking out the passenger seat at some point. Don't know how that's done yet, but that's down the road a bit, after I figure out how to power a fridge, microwave, and AC. But my immediate concern is where to mount a CB. There's so little room, I'm still not sure where to mount my tablet and large GPS. Any ideas? I'd prefer to not mount them above dash level, except for the GPS, which I'll take down and only mount if I'm going in the boonies where there's no cell service. How does everyone mount a CB? I want to make sure I'm in the correct lane when there's a lane blockage.
Isn't there a space above you on the ceiling on the left hand side?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They never did me any good. I couldn't stand the incessant chatter so I left it turned off in favor of satellite radio. By the time it became obvious something was going on it was too late to do any good. When I switched from straight truck to van I didn't even install one. Good luck to you on finding the right spot. I'd think overhead would be best, if possible.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
You can get a emergency radio that only does emergency radio frequency information. And look at the weather apps before you roll off to pick up a load so you know what's going on in the USA.

Billy The Impaler

Rookie Expediter
Researching
US Air Force
Knowing about backups and which lane to be in is about 96% of what I want it for. It's pretty cramped in here compared to a big truck. I don't know if I can find a decent place.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Charity's Van

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
my sprinter had a location above the overhead console. it was a single din. i bought a president radio with front speaker. it fit perfect. antenna was mounted on passenger fender. bracket fit between fender and hood. it worked great there