Veteran Expediter
Anyone have any info on CEVA,I'v seen there trucks but I don't know
anyone thats worked for them? Whats there op like.ect????:confused:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone have any info on CEVA,I'v seen there trucks but I don't know
anyone thats worked for them? Whats there op like.ect????:confused:

They are a local p&d company with stations located throughout the US. Mondays and Fridays are their busiest days. Pretty much load up your truck in the morning and then go out and make deliveries and do pickups on the way back to terminal. Nice way to sleep in your own bed every night if that is what you are looking for. They occasionally have off freight but that is not the norm and you will most likely have to deadhead back home.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They are a local p&d company with stations located throughout the US. Mondays and Fridays are their busiest days. Pretty much load up your truck in the morning and then go out and make deliveries and do pickups on the way back to terminal. Nice way to sleep in your own bed every night if that is what you are looking for. They occasionally have off freight but that is not the norm and you will most likely have to deadhead back home.

How do they pay? Average drop and pick up per day?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How do they pay? Average drop and pick up per day?

When I worked with Shem about 15 yrs ago they were called Eagle Freight. If you did an otr run you got pd per mile. When you did local you would get % of the the whole ticket (ex. $10 for delivery plus any other incidentals, inside del., lift gate, waiting time. Add these all together and times your % rate. They also had a load that was called "special", that load pd like min. $35 plus incidentals times your rate. Run loads in the evening and get pd premium rate. Also many loads were run from the airport so you had to be TSA certified. Load up in morning after daily truck came in and you could expect to do anywhere from 10-20+ deliveries plus pickup per day.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I worked with Shem about 15 yrs ago they were called Eagle Freight. If you did an otr run you got pd per mile. When you did local you would get % of the the whole ticket (ex. $10 for delivery plus any other incidentals, inside del., lift gate, waiting time. Add these all together and times your % rate. They also had a load that was called "special", that load pd like min. $35 plus incidentals times your rate. Run loads in the evening and get pd premium rate. Also many loads were run from the airport so you had to be TSA certified. Load up in morning after daily truck came in and you could expect to do anywhere from 10-20+ deliveries plus pickup per day.

Thanks! Great info :)

Home every night...hmmm, very tempting, lol.

Not sure if it profitable for O/O, but with all those running around, one can certainly shades a few pounds :):)

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i have been with egl/ceva for 11 years , for local we get paid by pc/weight and distance
and if we go on base there extra money for that, do home del's there charge for room of choice
up to 2nd floor , to basement, d time after 31 min's also going to mall there extra for that
if your in richmond va area we need straight truck and tractor

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ready for Ceva to move into the Mile High city. I saw one of there vans the other day in CO, maybe they are anonymously quietly here already.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As long as they can swallow diligent and american expedite I'll be happy. :)

The big guys like Ceva need to come in and clean house and eat up these little companies. The little guys are preaching a false sense of reality. MCD workers are making more $ in this city! People say a lot of bad things about Panther and FedX but at the end of the day, they cut checks on time and pay every empty move miles and deadhead miles so they are living in a real sense of reality as opposed to some smaller carrier that can barely get their drivers moving. If it means staying busier I'm ready for the corporate world to take over in this Sprinter driving industry!! Don't hold your breath.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Isn't dakota with ceva also?

The last time he mentioned it [on facebook, not here], he was driving for Brinks, or Wells Fargo, one of those armored courier gigs.
Geo seems happy with Ceva, and I've done some of their loads, too, with no reason to complain.