Cat Engine Temp-A-Start

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Has anyone with a 3126B cat engine ever used or have installed a temp-a-start in there truck? This is similar to detroits opti idle. Just found this in the last edition of Land Line magazine. For those who want info on it, check out www.tempastart.com . Am looking for personal experience with this device. Was quoted $1258.00 for outfit. Might concider this instead of buying a $7000.00 gen set. I would hate to pay for something that works 1 year then craps out and have to pay more to keep it working.
Thanks in advance
Safe driving
Randy:)

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thanks for the info and website link, John. I also don't have a generator and am looking for options, but i have a cummins Isc 300.I looked at the TAS website thoroughly, including the schematic, and have some questions. Am calling TAS today. Will let you know what they tell me. Have you called them?

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
To my understanding, there is one out there for cummings. Not sure for engine sizes though. I am seriously concidering this for my FL 70. I have to park my truck were there is no plug in receptacle for the winter and don't care to pay $7000 for a gen set. I forgot to mention another web site for this (cat): WWW.cattruckengines.com/buystuff .
Look at the driver comfort control system.
Safe driving
"Randy" :7