CAT c10

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
Can someone give me some info on the CAT c10. I'm not familiar with class 8 truck motors, being i had a lil ol' fl 70. Is it a good, reliable motor? Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
>Can someone give me some info on the CAT c10. I'm not
>familiar with class 8 truck motors, being i had a lil ol' fl
>70. Is it a good, reliable motor? Any info is appreciated.
>Thanks in advance.

Well i have a 1998 Western star it has a 335hp C-10 and it has 479,000 Runs strong i have a very very small oil leak i even think it might be coming from the vent tube i notice a few drips on the ground when i park it for a while.I have no complaints out of mine.It is not like the junk cat 3126 and all those.These motors have wet sleeves so you can do a in frame rebuild.But im very happy with mine.It doesnt miss a beat...

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
C-10 is the electronic fuel controlled version of the 3306- it is an excellent, fuel effecient, reliable engine. CAT's class 8 engines are awesome! The thing with the crappy 3126 is people don't realize it wasn't designed or built as an on-highway engine. One thing I have to gripe a little about with CAT is their parts and rebuild costs, regardless of the engine. They are much higher than Cummins or Detroit, and I see no logical reason why.
-Weave-