Casual Driving in B Unit

anatorian

New Recruit
Driver
Hello All,

I have access to a B unit (22', lift gate, sleeper, 2008MY) that I would usually use with our client to haul equipment for the events industry.

With the Wuhan there are no events for the foreseeable future. Are there any expedite companies where I could put these truck to work with mostly expedite work for now, but also more casual work once the current client has work that resumes.

Is there anyone like Landstar where I could get signed up for the program, and if loads pop up in the area they could be accepted, but also the carrier would be OK with going a few weeks at a time with no loads.

I have CDL-A, medical etc and a large amount of experience in B units all over the US.

-will

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What do you mean by having access to a B unit? Does a company own it that has its own authority own the truck? Also in expedite nomenclature a B unit is a cargo van. A 22' truck depending on weight carrying capacity is probably a C or D unit. The age of the truck limits you. If the truck owner has authority working a load board may be best.

Reactions: Grizzly

anatorian

New Recruit
Driver
Yes thank you for your insight. It looks like there are some load boards that I could find with quick searches that would work. The company that owns that truck (and that I am a partner in) has a current USDOT, and should have all of the insurance necessary for an MC with only minor modicfications, go getting that company up to speed to run loads other than its own cargo may be best.

Do you have any suggestions on load boards that have the best options for straight trucks? If I go this route then I will also have 26' non sleepers, 16' and sprinter vans that could haul loads during times where the production industry is slow.

-will

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes thank you for your insight. It looks like there are some load boards that I could find with quick searches that would work. The company that owns that truck (and that I am a partner in) has a current USDOT, and should have all of the insurance necessary for an MC with only minor modicfications, go getting that company up to speed to run loads other than its own cargo may be best.

Do you have any suggestions on load boards that have the best options for straight trucks? If I go this route then I will also have 26' non sleepers, 16' and sprinter vans that could haul loads during times where the production industry is slow.

-will
I hope .50 freight is going to work for your 16 ft and sprinters.