Carrier Reefer any Answers

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Reefer been in the shop since 18th of June:mad:

Well Carrier Repair in Richfield Oh said they called carrier engineers whom make the unite. As they dont have a clue
Well 26 June called no Joy on the situation and Here I sit with a Dry Box Waiting on a load. Youd think after being in the shop and a tank of fuel spent since the 18th of June they would have an idea of what is wrong with the unite.

{Here it is in a nut shell

IF you set the unite on start stop (TRUCK) it will pull down to temp and then shut off that is what its suppose to do.

IF You set it on Auto op it pulls down to with in 6 degrees above and hangs there. Simple as that.

Now they change the thermo u Know whats ect. and all that. I dont think personaly its a compressor prolbem nor a probe problem. I think its Electrical. I think maybe a cracked board or may have goten wet when I went through that realy bad rain storm. Or The Orginal problem was never taken care of when it was in for service back in May.
as it was doing the same thing. As then as now.

Here before I did a 40 f good I did a -5f load good then did a 72f load good then went to do a 40 it hung.
well went for maintence wamoo it fixed

did a 40f load good did a -5 ld good then did a 72 load good
went to do a 40f load very slow.

So I called No joy and put the puppy in the shop.}

In any case that is what its doing. so far no matter what they have done its not worked and spent since last wed the 18th till now and its still in the shop. Now on Friday the 20th Tim said they had it working and it was at temp I said ok Now flex her back to 72 when it get there then bring her back down to 40f well guess what she hung problem not fixed. Like I said its in Richfield OH at the Carrier. Tom the man in charge said he and Tim are baffeled they have got carrier involved. Personaly I think its an electrical problem or maybe its wired wrong. As I had found a cross wire unpluged before any of this started before it went in for maintence in May and I had plug it back in thats the wire going from one iside of the compresser head to the other of which plugs into the switch on the head. I told Tom that back in May and I reiterated it again on the 18th and on the 27th yesteday when I seen him. The more I think about it maybe if I go and unplug that dum wire maybe it will work right.
cause after that it seems is when I started haveing all my problems now i sit and think about it. But Again I was told by Tom in Richfield its suppose to be plugged in. Hmm I wonder.

Maybe somebody rewired the dum thing and its somthing that simple that they are over looking vice checking. I dont know the only other thing Maybe the Freon is contaminated or the Electriac board is cracked or a short.

Now 28 June still not fixed Im waiting on a load 32 hours hmm I wonder if its a FED Conspiracy since I brought up the issue of Mcain Obamma none of the above.

Ya thats it the Politicians are the blame
as they are playing the lobbiest and paying off Richfield to not fix the reefer.

Hey its an Idea. that just might work any one know of a good lawyer. I might have somthing here.:mad:
Ridge Runner:)

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If you are that close to Green, Oh, why didn't they just give you another trailer? Or is this your personal trailer?

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If you are that close to Green, Oh, why didn't they just give you another trailer? Or is this your personal trailer?

sir I dont own the trailer the boss does but here it is totaly in a nut shell whats going on from may till now.

By the way in May at Richfield Carrier it cost over $1950.00
for this problem so please read fully and I Know its not the FED politicians fault but hey. trying to cheer my self up I been with this trailer for over 2 years 8 months.
kinda sentamental if ya know what i mean.
I even named Her Jenny as she is a reefer and the Truck name is the Bull. Crazy maybe.

Reefer down
Help Reefer been in the shop since 18th of June:mad:

Well Carrier Repair in Richfield Oh said they called carrier engineers whom make the unite. As they dont have a clue
Well 26 June called no Joy on the situation and Here I sit with a Dry Box Waiting on a load. Youd think after being in the shop and a tank of fuel spent since the 18th of June they would have an idea of what is wrong with the unite.

{Here it is in a nut shell

IF you set the unite on start stop (TRUCK) it will pull down to temp and then shut off that is what its suppose to do.

IF You set it on Auto op it pulls down to with in 6 degrees above and hangs there. Simple as that.

Now they change the thermo u Know whats ect. and all that. I dont think personaly its a compressor prolbem nor a probe problem. I think its Electrical. I think maybe a cracked board or may have goten wet when I went through that realy bad rain storm. Or The Orginal problem was never taken care of when it was in for service back in May.
as it was doing the same thing. As then as now.

Here before I did a 40 f good I did a -5f load good then did a 72f load good then went to do a 40 it hung.
well went for maintence wamoo it fixed

did a 40f load good did a -5 ld good then did a 72 load good
went to do a 40f load very slow.

So I called No joy and put the puppy in the shop.}

In any case that is what its doing. so far no matter what they have done its not worked and spent since last wed the 18th till now and its still in the shop. Now on Friday the 20th Tim said they had it working and it was at temp I said ok Now flex her back to 72 when it get there then bring her back down to 40f well guess what she hung problem not fixed. Like I said its in Richfield OH at the Carrier. Tom the man in charge said he and Tim are baffeled they have got carrier involved. Personaly I think its an electrical problem or maybe its wired wrong. As I had found a cross wire unpluged before any of this started before it went in for maintence in May and I had plug it back in thats the wire going from one iside of the compresser head to the other of which plugs into the switch on the head. I told Tom that back in May and I reiterated it again on the 18th and on the 27th June yesteday when I seen him. The more I think about it maybe if I go and unplug that dum wire maybe it will work right.
cause after that it seems is when I started having all my problems now i sit and think about it. But Again I was told by Tom in Richfield its suppose to be plugged in. Hmm I wonder.
Or could some one put a magnet on or near one of the switches or valves electric board.

Maybe somebody rewired the dum thing When it was in the shop in Dallas TX and its somthing that simple that they are over looking vice checking. I dont know the only other thing Maybe the Freon is contaminated or the Electriac board is cracked or a shorted or a bare wire in the wiring shorting out. Or its got the wrong micro sensor for the unite. Help if ya can.

Now 28 June still not fixed Im waiting on a load 32 hours.

JOKING> hmm I wonder if its a FED Conspiracy since I brought up the issue of Vote Mcain Obama none of the above.
Ya thats it the Politicians are the blame
as they are playing the lobbiest and paying off Richfield to not fix the reefer.

Hey its an Idea. that just might work any one know of a good lawyer. I might have somthing here.}:mad:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry IRT, it sounds like there is a sensor problem or the controller is flaking out. Wiring could also be an issue but the first two seem to be more common or that is what my dealer tells me. The dealer can download the entire contents of the controller and look at the settings, if it is flaking out, it may show up there.

Also, maybe you don't know this, but in order for the auto temp control to work there has to be three things that have to be in a specific range, one is voltage to the controller. If this is less than 13.2 (*depending on the model and firmware), the thing will run forever.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sorry IRT, it sounds like there is a sensor problem or the controller is flaking out. Wiring could also be an issue but the first two seem to be more common or that is what my dealer tells me. The dealer can download the entire contents of the controller and look at the settings, if it is flaking out, it may show up there.

Also, maybe you don't know this, but in order for the auto temp control to work there has to be three things that have to be in a specific range, one is voltage to the controller. If this is less than 13.2 (*depending on the model and firmware), the thing will run forever.

Greg on start stop Truck it gets to temp and then shuts off just like its suppose to but

On continues run well it runs just like it suppose to but the silly thing hangs out 6 above the setting.
thus being a bad girl and not getting to where she suppose to get.
thanks

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
If Tom is stumped on the problem you may have a really big problem. Because I have dealt with Tom for years and he knows his stuff. Never really any trouble at WW Williams in Richfield,Ohio. We have refer trucks that go there and Tom has done a great job.

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
Well to me it sounds like a firmware issue maybe that needs to be flashed - or wiring - or probe. I was troubleshooting, and working on a cooling cabinet a few weeks ago and what I did to help with the issue was this make a very detailed form on the operation of the unit -
Taking temp from unit display
Time of Day - Current Temp - Then Set Temp - Time When Set Temp was achieved
X3
Taking temp with independent thermostat next to probe
X3
Taking temp furthest away from probe for unit
X3

Give this information to Carrier, they should have very details information that states how the unit should operate. By knowing how quickly the unit is cooling/heating they can tell if there is a board problem, by knowing the temp difference from the unit to an independent thermostat they can tell if it's a probe problem, etc. With this issue you'll have this fixed in no time.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The problem with most of them is that Carrier is only open M-F.
Then they back up and can't provide decent service. There are some good ones, but they are far and few between.
Having to hold a unit for three months because they can't figure it out? Good grief. I almost have to think that some of that is not having the money to pay a outrageous bill?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Steve,
I can only imagine if it wasn't. It would be a business buster if that thing was on a straight truck.
Three months would put a few out of business I would think.
But, I still think someone didn't have the cash to get it out.