cargo van

willy

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
please give some info on a new van purhase can i get away with a ford 250 v-8 not extended or should it be a one ton thanks

JeffJensen

Moderator Emeritus
Willy,

The vehicle specification requirements vary from company to company. I think most will accept an E250 3/4 ton standard length, but have heard that some are now requiring 1 tons. Standard or extended length is another question along with the GVW that's best answered by the company you're checking out.
If anyone else has some advice for Willy, shout it out.

Jeff
Expediters Online

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Willy,

I have a E250 HD that has been in service for over 4 years. You will probably want to get a 1 ton van. This will give you a chance at more loads. Also, consider getting it extended. The difference in comfort is worth the money. I have a GMC extended, and the additional space is worth the expense.

Good Luck

Bob

Xpediter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You are throwing your money away if you buy an E-250 Ford van. If you leave that company you will have a hard time putiing it on with another company. LEA will not lease it for example.

X

Xpediter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You are throwing your money away if you buy an E-250 Ford van. If you leave that company you will have a hard time putiing it on with another company. LEA will not lease it for example.

X

Xpediter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

X

Xpediter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You will regret buying a 250 van. If you try to lease to a new company, most will not accept a 3/4 ton.

X