Cargo van size and year

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The best van for expediting is longest, tallest, highest GVW that doesn't go over 9,999. As any of those things go down so does the score of the van.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’m still confused about the expediting, independent contractor or courier..can express cargo van do the job????
You may find some freight with a standard size cargo van, but it's not going to be worth much. The individuals who have posted, have recommended a taller van. That means a van taller than the standard 48 in. Best to heed their advice.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
To do expediting do I have to have MC# or USDOT#??

It sounds like you don't have any experience in van expedite. So my advice to you is to not purchase a van but instead find a company to drive for. Most major carriers have contractors that are usually looking for drivers. Do that for at least a year to learn the business.

That being said, freight is garbage right now. So you're not really going to make much either way. But at least holding off buying a van will stop you from potentially having to let it go back to the bank because you can't afford to pay for it after your costs.

Reactions: AlRaheemExpress