Cargo or Nissan van?

Wags

New Recruit
The only 2 options I have are between a cargo van (any model) and a Nissan van.
Initially I'll be local in DFW but the plan is to go OTR (hopefully the market isn't as soft as it is now).
Pros/cons?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The only 2 options I have are between a cargo van (any model) and a Nissan van.
I need more help here. A few minutes ago I asked for help defining RC. Now I need this "only 2 options" explained. I must have a had mini stughex.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You'd make a great straight man, Moot

Taking it as a real question

I'd say the last option - no van - has been left out, and with rising minimum wage its a valid option.

If it's a must, Nissan of course. They last forever. Both choices limit loads, but Nissan at least has a high roof. Unless you include transit, promaster, and sprinter in cargo vans. Then its pick your poison. All of the new ones can have problems

Cargo van means chevy express or ford econoline to me. They last forever too, and take most of your paycheck in fuel.

Funny answer will follow below (I don't feel funny today)

Reactions: Wags

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I would go with a sprinter van as you are able to carry 4 commercial pallets. I drove one for CEVA for 13 year's. Did great with a sprinter van. also work at tysinger, doing outside sales. we , have them in stock
if your in FT Worth or Dallas , look at CEVA Log

John Cassidy

Active Expediter
Researching
Honestly, been working 3 years. Have a Ford transit diesel, spent 10k in repairs. Do NOT buy one. Anything diesel whether MB, Ford or Ram, stay away from. We have about 40.vans in our fleet and anything diesel is running into issues down the road. I just bought a Nissan 2500 high top. 70 % of our loads are only 2 palletes
Feel free to ask me any questions.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Honestly, been working 3 years. Have a Ford transit diesel, spent 10k in repairs. Do NOT buy one. Anything diesel whether MB, Ford or Ram, stay away from. We have about 40.vans in our fleet and anything diesel is running into issues down the road. I just bought a Nissan 2500 high top. 70 % of our loads are only 2 palletes
Feel free to ask me any questions.
Thanks

Basically you're confirming my own thoughts. But paying for it

Reactions: John Cassidy

John Cassidy

Active Expediter
Researching
Trust me, all I hear from any Nissan owners, is it's the best they ever bought. Drive a Ford, then the Nissan, it will feel a lot more solid and the frame won't give. Also, the wind wont go through the truck... the list goes on and on:)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Wags

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought the Nissan was a great van except for being about 20 inches too short in length and a few inches too short in height. If they made an XL version it would be hard to beat. Except for the mpg thing. It's still a bit short there also afaik. When I had my G3500 extended I could have taken most of the loads in a non-extended version and a pretty good number of them in something like the Transit Connect for that matter. The extra length was more useful to still have a small "sleeper" area even with 2 skids loaded. That's what's missing in the NV.

Reactions: Wags and Treadmill