Career change in progress

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well i'm getting out of expediting and going into the automotive tire business, i found a person with a existing company for sale and i have been doing my "due diligence" for a couple of weeks now watching the $$$ come in and go out and looking at previous years paperwork. I believe this will be a profitable business for me and can't wait to get started my truck is for sale here on EO and if it does not sell I will turn it into a service truck.
Thanks for all your help you can call me Aquitted the tire guy DSC01014.jpgfor now

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I had a Mobil Station and always enjoyed automotive tire work.
This was in 72. If I remember right I had a Coats 1010 tire machine.
Never did truck tires. That's too much like work.
Good Luck.

Remember: $printers earn more so they pay more.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck and I hope it works out for you! With any luck there won't be as many regs to deal with.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Good Luck man, the way I see it thats a good Biz, Cars gotta have tires, and the roads get worse, I used to do service work for a Montgomery Wards a million years ago when I was 18....we used to get 2 semi loads of tires in each week, so I think your on to something....GOOD LUCK, By the way send me a message with your truck price....

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like a great business venture. Is it a mobile business only or does it have a shop too?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The price is in the ad, right here in the Free Classifieds.
I could tell you the price, but you should read the entire ad.
The title of this thread should be:
Why I'm Selling An Awesome Truck.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sounds like a great business venture. Is it a mobile business only or does it have a shop too?

It's just a shop right now with 3 tech's they do some minor repairs like brakes, struts, and front end parts but they sell alot of new and used tires.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It's just a shop right now with 3 tech's they do some minor repairs like brakes, struts, and front end parts but they sell alot of new and used tires.

I think those places have a terrific profit margin because they get the small repairs done quicker than a regular garage so you are able to do big volume.

dscincexp

Seasoned Expediter
Good luck to you,, You are going to be missed at C&M. We always had customers rave about your performance,, Stay in touch.. Dan and C&M Crew

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good luck with your new career. Do E.O. members qualify for a discount on tires? You know, if I bring my van in and tell you Lawrence sent me, will I get 10% of a set of Firestones?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Good luck with your new career. Do E.O. members qualify for a discount on tires? You know, if I bring my van in and tell you Lawrence sent me, will I get 10% of a set of Firestones?

Discount ?
You should go there anyway.
Actually. You should pay 10% over, just to help a brother out.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How about free mounting and balancing? just say Lawrence from Florence sent ya

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck to you,, You are going to be missed at C&M. We always had customers rave about your performance,, Stay in touch.. Dan and C&M Crew

Thanks Dan you guys are the best, Hopefully whoever buys my truck will keep it with C & M because you guys are one of the few people that can find alot of those loads that require liftgate, 24' box and a 3 axle truck.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good luck with the new venture buddy! The way my year is going I'm a bit envious that you seem to have found a great way out. But, I guess I'm gonna keep on keepin' on for now.

The definition of insanity... Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In case anyones interested I found this business listed with Sunbelt Business brokers they are a nationwide company and has office's in every state (except maybe S.D.) You can go to their website put in your state than city and look at busines's for sale it will give you the price and gross and net for the business and how long they have been in business and reason for sale but you still have to do your due dilligence and check them out.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
May your new adventure be "Blessed"! Keep in touch on EO as a lurker like myself currently. Maranatha, but keep on until HE Returns!;)

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well it's been over a month and I must say the tire business is doing great sold the truck it is now in the PTL family. Had some minor personel issues but nothing i couldn't handle. Hired a 23 yr old female tire tech that is better than some of the guys and she's great for business. just thought i would pop in and say hey.