Career Change in Progress

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I joined a fitness club a few months ago to improve our health while on the road. Delighted by the facilities and the workout experience they provide, and impressed with the company's business model, we purchased a franchise to build a fitness club of our own (after a good deal of research and business planning, of course).

This is a career change. Our first location will be up and running in the third or fourth quarter of 2013. We will come off the road a couple of months before the grand opening to work the fitness business full time. Other clubs will follow, several are planned. The truck will be sold after the first club is up and running, perhaps sooner.

Since we'll be hauling freight for a few months yet, it's a little early to post a goodbye message on the Open Forum, but we want our EO friends to know that commitments have been made and the career-change die has been cast.

We are not making this change because things went wrong in expediting. Things went quite well, actually. Our expediting profits are funding this new endeavor.

The change is being made because the bug bit. That's the same bug that bit ten years ago, prompting the unlikely career change from our white-collar professions into expediting. Its bite today is prompting us to get out of the truck and into a gym.

Now bitten, we're smitten, so into the fitness business we go.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Build a big mega parking lot.
I may want to visit.
Gotta watch that BMI.
Good luck,you'll make it work.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I look forward to hearing how the career change goes and wish you the best of luck!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm gonna stop by and watch everyone exercise while I eat a pepperoni pizza. Any how good luck. Owning a business will give you a great sense of pride and accomplishment.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Wonder where this is located?
Owning a business will give you a great sense of pride and accomplishment.

I betcha they will tell you they already own, and operate, a successful business. ;)

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Diane and I joined a fitness club a few months ago to improve our health while on the road. Delighted by the facilities and the workout experience they provide, and impressed with the company's business model, we purchased a franchise to build a fitness club of our own (after a good deal of research and business planning, of course).

This is a career change. Our first location will be up and running in the third or fourth quarter of 2013. We will come off the road a couple of months before the grand opening to work the fitness business full time. Other clubs will follow, several are planned. The truck will be sold after the first club is up and running, perhaps sooner.

Since we'll be hauling freight for a few months yet, it's a little early to post a goodbye message on the Open Forum, but we want our EO friends to know that commitments have been made and the career-change die has been cast.

We are not making this change because things went wrong in expediting. Things went quite well, actually. Our expediting profits are funding this new endeavor.

The change is being made because the bug bit. That's the same bug that bit ten years ago, prompting the unlikely career change from our white-collar professions into expediting. Its bite today is prompting us to get out of the truck and into a gym.

Now bitten, we're smitten, so into the fitness business we go.

Awesome hope it goes good that is a dream of mine too , you know investing in a mx athlete is a great advertising investment :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Eo discounts lol and you get Phil as a personal trainer. Lol just kidding. Anyway good luck and hope you guys succeed with the new business.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Congratulations... im thinking of a new line of work for myself...opening my own tactical gear/ gun shop....hope the best for you two.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Wow, change indeed. That's a big change! We'll all be interested, I'm sure, in the progress as it gets set up and then how you're doing after you get the first one open.

Best o'luck with it, Phil.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Now I understand the Question in my "Health issues" thread about my "Fitness Center" experience...The start of a new business venture is always exciting!! You are entering a very competetive industry, enjoy it!! I don't often wish successful people good luck when they start a new path as I believe we make our own luck, and I believe you and Diane will be wildly successful in putting your business experiences and your desire to be the best at what you do to make sure you succeed....Congrats!!!

Brisco

Expert Expediter
WOW!! Out Of the blue...........

Good Luck!! We ALL know you'll be a Success at it!!

Are you going to bless the Fitness Crowd with a Daily Blog also??? :)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Thats a big change. Good luck on it. Probably need to have one more reefer debate before you go. :cool:

Winnipeg

Seasoned Expediter
I've been following your posts since you first began your expediting lives, you don't know me, but I feel I know you both soooo well.

It's a very one sided friendship.

How 21st Century is that, your my friends, but i'm not your friend.

I will miss you both, as I know you so well, by following your posts here, and other places
and your blog.

I wish you both success and great happiness in your future.

Best Wishes,
Your Friend,
Stewart.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's awesome guys i wish you the best of luck. I know you will plan every detail so success is just a matter of time.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums