Carbon Monoxide kills, get ur detector now!!!

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
5 die at biker fest; carbon monoxide suspected
By ERIK SCHELZIG - Associated Press | AP – 3 hrs agotweet3Share0EmailPrintRelated ContentA Bikers Who Care sign is seen in Clarksville, Tenn., on Sunday, Sept. 18, 2011, …

Clarksville Police survey the trailer where five people were found dead Sunday, Sept. …
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Three men and two women at a biker festival to raise money for needy children died in a recreational vehicle when fumes from a generator leaked into the camper, an organizer for the event said.

Police were investigating the deaths but said no foul play was suspected. Two of the men worked security into the early morning hours Sunday during the festival's party.

####### I always used 2 carbon monoxide dectors in my van because I use propane and a Mr. Heater, did they work, yes. Did they save me, yes, twice. They will start beeping early b 4 u get sick and or die in ur sleep. Did I learn to roll the front 2 windows down 2 inches yes. This stopped the alarms from goin g off. Even if u dont heat with propane, get 2 of those detectors anyway. Why 2?, backup,backup and backup. Carbon Monoxide can get in easily thru bad door seals, holes in ur ride, or from someone else's van, car, truck close to you.:eek: IMHO

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Catalytic propane heaters as in the Colemans to my knowledge do not give off CO2....but an open flame heater will....

what I've run into is oxygen DEPLETION....with the cats as they have no warning built in, as the Mr Heater does....

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Carbon monoxide detector was one.of.the.first things we put in. When we had our belly mount generator the wind was blowing the wrong way one night and caused the exhaust to be.blowing right in at us. saved us that night. Had one other time it went off and definitely had a headache for a few days. We make sure we change our batteries spring and fall.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have one and wouldn't think of going without it. I also replace it every 5 years. I got the idea somewhere they decline as they age. That could be wrong but it's still less than $10 a year that way and I know it doesn't hurt to have a new one.